Thursday, August 24, 2017

REVIEW - The Wild - K. Webster






TITLE - The Wild


AUTHOR - K Webster




BANNED ON AMAZON




BLURB:

I brought them to the wilderness because we couldn’t cope with our reality.
The plan was to make a new life that didn’t include heartache.

No people. No technology. No interference.
Just us.
A chance to piece together what was broken.

But the wilderness is untamed and harsh.
Brutal and unforgiving.
It doesn’t give a damn about your feelings.

Tragedy lives there too.
No escaping the truths that won’t let you go.

All you can do is survive where love, no matter how beastly, is the only thing you can truly count on.

Confusing. Wrong. Twisted. Beautiful. Sick.

Love is wild.
And we’re going to set it free.



Warning:
The Wild is an extremely taboo story. Most will find that the themes in this book will make you incredibly uncomfortable. This book is only for the brave, the open-minded, and the ones who crave love in even the most dismal of situations. Extreme sexual themes and violence in certain scenes, which could trigger emotional distress, are found in this story. If you are sensitive to heavy taboo themes, then this story is not for you.




REVIEW:


So I do love a bit of controversy, and if there is a good 'ole scrap about a book, I'm there with my popcorn. So of course I had to jump on this, and somehow through sheer luck, I grabbed this mere minutes before it was taken down and banned. (Maybe not minutes but this situation warranted exaggeration)


Right, now I'm not bothered by taboo. My first book addiction was in my teens when I inhaled Virginia Andrews books, and hers were pretty dodgy at that time. So I'm not particularly phased by that sort of thing, I know where the invisible line is between real and fiction, it's a story and that's all it is. I mean, surely all those screenwriters and everyone else involved in making horror films would not still be making films, if they were lynched every time they stepped over the line of what is socially acceptable and what isn't. I mean seriously, have you watched The Human Centipede? That's some serious messed up s***, so I really don't think a fictional book that has bounced along the line of unacceptable situations really needs all the hatred it got. Hello, fiction!! You don't like it, don't read it. Simples. 

Anyway, that's my 5p worth on the subject. Getting to the actual story itself, I won't give an actual breakdown of the story, as those who want to read it, do not need it spoiled in a review. Although I'm pretty sure a quick read of Facebook can pretty much spoil it for anyone. But I'll still keep it spoiler free. 

The story that is The Wild, was actually a really good read. I really, really enjoyed it. Some parts were a little dicey, but to be honest I've read far worse, and this was nothing on some of the books in the dark sub genre these days, I definitely don't think it deserved to be banned or bitched about. Totally unnecessary and very much an excuse for a bit more drama I would say. 

The writing style was great and completely gripping. I'd never read a K Webster book before, and I enjoyed this enough to want to read some more of her epic catalogue of novels. She has a way of writing a story that, even if it is morally wrong content, you can't help but understand why they did what they did. PLUS, lets not forget the important fact, the end gave us a little gem of a twist that was actually quite genius, and made things a little easier to swallow. If anybody skeptical actually took the chance to read this addictive story, they would understand all is not as it seems. 

So yeah, great story and great writing. I'll certainly be hunting out more of K Webster's work.







No comments:

Post a Comment