Wednesday, October 25, 2017

REVIEW - A Little Too Late - Staci Hart




TITLE - A Little Too Late
AUTHOR - Staci Hart










BLURB:


I wasn't supposed to fall in love with the nanny.


When my wife left, she took the illusion of happiness with her, and I've been caught in a free fall ever since. For nine long months, I've been fighting to figure out how to be a single dad, how to be alone. 

For nine long months, I've been failing.

When Hannah walked through the door, I took my first breath since I'd found myself on my own. She slipped into our lives effortlessly, showing me what I've been missing all these years. Because Hannah made me smile when I thought I'd packed the notion of happiness away with my wedding album.

She was only supposed to be the nanny, but she's so much more. 

The day my wife left should have been the worst day of my life, but it wasn't. It was when Hannah walked away, taking my heart with her.






Johnaka's Review:


“cheers to a fresh start, 5 stars”


I just finished reading this and I can’t even… Hart keeps getting better and better. When I go to read one of Harts books I go in with zero expectations because I know it will be better than whatever I think up. She keeps giving us something new and fresh. If you’re a Hart follower you know she just moved to Europe with her family and she included a little bit of that in A Little Too Late. Hart gave us a story that may be similar to something someone has read but it has her own unique twist to it. Just one-click and expect a book hangover when you finish.

Hannah is an au pair from Holland just trying to find her way in the States. Her first job in the states was a disaster that made her question her leaving home and not very balanced. Now she’s taking a job working for a single father, which once again isn’t ideal but she’s willing to give it a go before tucking tail and running back to Holland. What she didn’t expect was to fall for the handsome man and his two children.

Charlie is the definition of a workaholic. The life he thought he had was definitely not what it was cracked up to be. Now he’s a single dad who buries himself in his job to hide his pain. What he wasn’t expecting was the pretty woman he hired to help him with his kids to actually help him. 

Charlie realizes that there can be more to life if he accepts it. So, when he falls for the au pair everything should be simple, but it’s not. Not when people outside the home want to tear them apart.
I simply adored these two. I love how Charlie found his footing and became confident in his ability to parent. It was always there, but he was simply scared. Like most parents he didn’t want to screw up his kids. 

The best way I can describe Hannah is she was just meant to be a mother, she had the magic touch when it comes to kids. And as a parent I won’t lie, I was a little envious of her child wrangling abilities. When you put the four of them together they made a beautiful picture.

I loved how Hart managed to mix both Hannah’s American life and her Dutch life into one story. The little bit of the language, food, and traditions was a fantastic touch. At one point I really wanted to go to a Dutch bakery because the baked goods sounded divine. Take a chance on A Little Too Late, you won’t regret it.




Star Ratings:
Plot- 5/5
Characters- 5/5
Heat- 5/5
Writing style- 5/5
Overall- 5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment