Thursday, October 19, 2017

REVIEW - Taken by the Seal - Callie Harper


TITLE - Taken by the Seal
AUTHOR - Callie Harper







BLURB:

Now that I've taken her, I'm never letting her go.

Taking Olivia hadn't been my plan. I'd been prepping my cabin in the woods for my own getaway. 
I'm an ex-SEAL, but my instincts are still strong. One glimpse of her innocent, terrified eyes and I know I need to save her. I'd been working with the bad guys, but all it takes is one look at Olivia and I'm back playing the hero, rescuing the damsel in distress. 

Now we're in my remote cabin, hidden away from the world. My little curvy virgin is looking up at me with a mix of innocence, fear and desire.

The need to possess is burning through my veins. She thinks she needs to escape. 

She's not going to escape.

She's going to be mine.




Jennifer's Review:



Taken by the Seal is a wonderful sexy novel. If you like mystery and action along with sex and romance, this is the book for you.  I really enjoyed reading this book. I wasn't quite sure what I was getting myself into, but that's actually a really good thing. This book really surprised.

The plot of this book is one I really enjoyed.  I mean you have a Navy Seal so that is always good. You also have this whole plot line about the main female being in danger and the Seal being involved. Is he helping her or is he the one keeping her captive? I think the overall theme of this book is redemption and learning to trust.

The characters in this book are written amazingly well. They are so dynamic. Knox is a war veteran who has come home. I really feel the author wrote his character in such a relatable way. He really had struggles that I feel many veterans have. Then you have Olivia. She is such a shy woman. Due to her upbringing, she has been brought up distrustful and sheltered in a way. She has a lot of self discovery to go through. 

The heat in this book is unrivaled.  I love that this book doesn't just jump into a sexual relationship with the two main characters. There is a slow burn. I loved watching these two discover reach other.  This really helped the story build. 

The writing style was good. This book had a steady pace. The characters are written well. I loved the dual point of views. Getting an inside view from both characters really added a layer to three story that was needed.

Overall, I loved this book. This story was an amazing action romance.  I would 100 percent recommend this book to others.  These characters really spoke to me.  Amazing job.

Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment