Friday, July 1, 2016

REVIEW - Secrets and Scars (Fatal Hearts #3) - Dori Lavelle




TITLE - Secrets and Scars


AUTHOR - Dori Lavelle






Synopsis:




This is the final book in the Fatal Hearts series. Please read Secrets and Lace first. 

The nightmare is far from over.

Alvin Jones, Chloe’s husband from hell, is hot on their trail.

Her nose is picking up on his scent. Her skin feels the heat of his rage. Her tongue tastes death—hers and Owen’s.

Owen Firmin has rescued her from her worst nightmare, but will they be able to cross a dangerous island filled with traps and other hazards in order to reach Owen's yacht, and their only real chance of escape?

Chloe has learned the hard way that life is full of surprises. The next one could be waiting just around the corner.

**WARNING: This book contains dark themes, including violence that could trigger emotional distress in readers.**





My Review:



In Secrets and Scars you finally find out what happens to Kelly/Chloe, Alvin/Miles, and Owen. 
It's hard to write this review because I don’t want to give too much away.
Here's what I will tell you; you find out who lives and who dies between the three characters, you find out why Owen came to save Chole, and you meet some new people. 

I am thrilled that Secrets and Scars is the final book. I don’t care for cliffhangers so finally having the answer on how it ends pleases me. 

But that's about the end of the good for me. There were several parts in the book that I felt like they were rushed or unrealistic. Which was a big letdown for me, especially where this is a three book story. I liked the plot of the story I just wish it wasn’t as dragged out as it was.

Here are a couple quotes from Secrets and Scars that stood out to me;

“Stop it, Chloe. Look away. You cannot think about him like that. Your life is complicated enough.”

“Red and white, two sides of the same coin of life. Two sides of the same fence. Good and evil, beauty and ugliness. Darkness and light. That was all I had left.”


Star Ratings:
Plot- 3/5
Characters- 3/5
Writing style- 2/5
Heat- 2/5
Overall- 3/5








CLICK COVER TO PURCHASE:







No comments:

Post a Comment