Friday, September 1, 2017

REVIEW - Let's Get Textual - Teagan Hunter



TITLE - Let's Get Textual
AUTHOR - Teagan Hunter





Releases September 12th



BLURB:


A wrong number is supposed to be just that—a wrong number.

Delete. Done.

Do not continue to text. Do not flirt.

A wrong number shouldn’t be the first person on your mind in the morning, or the last at night…and you’re definitely not supposed to talk them into buying a baby goat.

Because that would be weird.

When Zach Hastings and I get into a wrong-number mix-up, we don’t follow the rules. We keep texting and flirting, because he’s wicked funny and perfectly nerdy and a wonderful distraction.

I’m not looking for love, and Zach definitely had the wrong number.

But maybe…

Maybe he’s the right guy.




REVIEW:


Man this book was such a unique read that I literally cannot compare it to any other books. If you are looking for something completely different than anything you have ever read, then take a change on this book. Seriously, go and check it out now, you will not be disappointed. This book is a romantic comedy for sure. I laughed so much my stomach muscles were hurting by the time I was done.  If you like spunky women and hot nerds, this is the book for you.


The plot of this book is unique on its own. What would you do if you got a random text from someone? This book explores what happens when I random text turns into actually conversations. I think this is such an interesting take on the subject since most of us would answer that question with ignore it or maybe tell them it is the wrong number then ignore them. I don’t think anyone actually would expect to hear from the person again. I think this is what makes this plot so wonderful.

The characters in this book are amazing on their own. Delia is a little spitfire. I love her sarcasm and ability to really just say what she means. She is such a strong character. Then we have Zach. I loved his attitude as well. He matched Delia perfectly with wittiness and sarcasm.  I really would have loved to read this story from his point of view. He is such a great character that I would love some insight into his mind. 

The heat in this book is different than most. I loved the flirting between the characters. It reminded me of back in my dating days and flirting with the boys. What is even better is the chemistry that lights up as these characters get to know each other better. This leads to some wonderful and sexy scenes. 

One of the realest parts of this book is the beginning of the book. I feel the scene between Delia and Caleb is such a common occurrence. I am so glad that this author included this as it can really speak to some people out there. I know there has been many times in my life I have felt the exact same way. With that being said, I also loved the author’s writing style. I loved that this book went at its own pace. I also loved the use of text messages in this book. I think this was such a huge aspect that added a layer that I didn’t even know I was missing. 

Overall, I loved this book. I literally could not put it down. I was willing to miss work in order to finish it. I just had to know what was going to happen. It is rare I find a book that feels so fresh and unique to me. This is a 5 star read for sure for me. I would 100% recommend it to others!


Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment