Thursday, September 21, 2017

REVIEW - Rock Me - Rebecca Brooke



TITLE - Rock Me
AUTHOR - Rebecca Brooke








BLURB:



I am not a victim.

At least that’s what I wanted to believe. What I wanted the world to see. Five years of trying to find the girl I hid from the world. 

I wouldn’t let the bullies win. I couldn’t. 

What was I supposed to do when he walked into the building? He’d made my high school years a living hell. 

But, he doesn’t recognize me.

How do I prove he didn’t break me? Simple, take him home for a one-night stand. 

At least it sounded like a good idea at the time.



Jennifer's Review:


Finally! A rock star novel where the woman is the rock star, not the love interest! I know that there are others of these out there, but they are few and far between. The whole reason I chose to read this was I was intrigued by the main female character. I was not disappointed. This book has healing, heart break, romance, heat, and even some action. I really enjoyed this novel.


If you ask me the main theme of this book, I would have to say it would be healing. I really feel this book is a good book that talks about the ways people can change in their lives and how they need to let go of the past in order to create a better future. The plot of this book explores this though Mari. She has a past that she needs to work through and this book discusses that. 

I loved these characters.  Mari is a woman trying to overcome her fears and live in a new world. A world she did not even imagine herself being in. She has some baggage from her past that she needs to work through in order to move on and be happy in her life. Cole is our main male. At first, I did not like him. He had some developing and soul searching to do before I decided to be on his side. He has a past as well and he needs to work through adjusting himself into the man he wants to be.

There is plenty of heat in this book. Even though Mari is our rock star, the author does not miss giving us some hot, rock star sex. These two characters share something special, which translates into these scenes. I think that this is important in a book. It really makes the readers feel invested in their intimate scenes when the characters have a connection that translates well.

The writing style of this author is easy for readers to follow along with. I liked her use of time jumps and flashbacks. I think it adds a layer to the story that would have impacted the story in a huge way had it been missing. I also liked that she really includes both characters’ lives into the novel, even when they are a part of each other. I like that this story is about the rock star life as well. The romance does not overshadow the theme of the book.

Overall, I really liked this book. I loved the fact that the main character is a female rocker. I also love that while she is strong, she also shows that everyone can be vulnerable. I would recommend this book to others and would love to see more books about the other minor characters be written. Great job!


Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5






No comments:

Post a Comment