Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Release + Review-Fury Frayed-Melissa Haag



TITLE - Fury Frayed 

AUTHOR - Melissa Haag









Blurb:


Megan’s temper lands her in Girderon Academy, an exclusive school founded in a town of misfit supernatural creatures. It’s the one place she should be able to fit in, but she can’t. Instead, she itches to punch the smug sheriff in his face, pull the hair from a pack of territorial blondes, and kiss the smile off the shy boy’s face. Unfortunately, she can’t do any of that, either, because humans are dying and all clues point to her.



With Megan’s temper flaring, time to find the real killer and clear her name is running out. As much as she wants to return to her own life, she needs to embrace who and what she is. It’s the only way to find and punish the creature responsible.

Jennifer's Review:



What a fun and interesting new world! Fury Frayed is such a unique book that I literally cannot compare it to any others! If you are looking for a new world with new creatures and all new characters, then you need to pick this book up. It has everything you can ask for. There is tons of action, a bit of mystery, and even a bit of romance. There will definitely be areas that shock you that is for sure!

Oh… Holy… Wow…. This book left me speechless. The plot of this book is so fresh and new that I was completely shocked by it. I don’t want to reveal too much so I will just say this. Our main heroine arrives to a new town and learns that everything might not be quite like it seems. Did that intrigue you enough? I sure hope so because if not you are missing out.

Megan is such a wonderful female character. She is strong and independent, but she also has some soft areas as well. I think she is exactly what we need in our female characters, especially for some of our younger readers. She stands up for what she believes is right and tries to learn from her mistakes. I like this about her. The other characters in the story are written well too. They all have a unique personality and purpose in the book. I really like how the author is able to create these characters this way.

There is a bit of flirty attraction in this book. Megan has two males who enter her life as she begins this journey in the new town. Each male has his own attributes that make him appealing for our Megan. Each have scenes in the book which makes the readers question what is going on between them. With that being said, by the end, there is a clear solution to this. There is a slow burn throughout the story between Megan and one of the boys that will leave the reader feeling satisfied.

I have always loved this author’s writing style, but she never ceases to amaze me. This book is a whole different world than anything else she has ever written. This book has new characters that are so beautifully written. The plot is unique that I can honestly say I have not read anything like it. I cannot wait to learn more about this world. The pace of this book is written steady and I think that the revelation of new information is perfect for the story.

Overall, I am in love with this new world. How long do I have to wait for the next one? Too long I believe! I need it now! I think it is safe to say that I would recommend this book to others. If you love paranormal books with a lot of action and mystery and a bit of romance, then this book is for you. There is nothing too racy in this book. I cannot wait to get my hands on the next book.


Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment