Tuesday, January 2, 2018

REVIEW - Buying Beth - Izzy Sweet & Sean Moriarty

37645918


Title: Buying Beth
Author: Izzy Sweet + Sean Moriarty


Blurb:

I thought he bought me to save me… but he’s keeping me for himself.

It was a girl’s night out gone wrong. Like some awful horror movie, my friends and I were grabbed in a dark parking lot and shoved into the back of a van.

Coming from powerful families, we thought we were untouchable.

We thought wrong.

Our captors trapped us, violated us, and put us up for sale on the black market.

Johnathan was sent to buy me so his boss, Lucifer, could have leverage over my father.

He was supposed to save me, protect me, and return me.

Not claim me and keep me for himself…







Our Review:

Oh Holy Heck! This is one steaming book! I was blown away by this story. Buying Beth is a part of a series, but can be read as a stand-alone. I read book one in the series, but did not read book two. This is book three and I did feel I missed a small part, but overall it did not affect my feelings on the book. This book has so much heat in it that you had better be prepared. Pair that with the mystery and action and you have yourself one awesome book.

This book has a main plot and then also has a plot that spans over the series. You get to see the characters that were in the previous books as well. I liked the plot of this book. The title seems taboo, but once you read you, you see that there is more to it than the title makes it seem. I cannot wait to see what the next book has in store for us.

Beth is such a wonderful character. She is caring and kind, but she also has a strong will. She has dealt with some traumatizing things in the past, but she still has a spark of independence left in her. I loved her character. Johnathan is another wonderful book boyfriend. He is strong and rough, but also caring. I love alpha males and there is no denying that he is one.

The heat in this book had me sweating. These two characters were so volatile that it was only a matter of time before there was a combustion. And lord did they combust. If you like a dirty talking alpha male then pick this book up right now. Seriously. You will not regret it.

The writing style of this book was nice. I liked the steady pace. I also liked that the overall plot was furthered. This book also can be brutal. If you don’t like a bunch of action, then turn away now. This book had scenes that made me cringe, but I could not put it down. I had to know what happened next. I loved every minute of it.

Overall, this was a wonderful book. I loved reading Beth and Johnathan’s story. They are wonderful characters. I also really enjoyed the overall theme that seems to spanning throughout the series. I cannot wait to go back and read book two so I can catch up on what I missed. This is a standalone, but I feel it is best to read the entire series to get the full effect. Awesome writing and even better 
story!

Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment