Thursday, January 4, 2018

REVIEW - Ace - Laramie Briscoe

36524361

Title: Ace
Series: Moonshine Taskforce
Book 3
Author: Laramie Briscoe





Blurb:

Ace is saving lives and mending hearts....... 


Anthony “Ace” Bailey 


I’m not a rules kinda guy  


Department Policy? Kinda sucks, but I do what I have to for the job that I love. 
Playing it safe? Not my thing. 
Married? No big deal when I know she’s unhappy and scared. 



I’m one of those guys – a sniper in the military, a little bit of an adrenaline junkie, and a member of the Moonshine Task Force. I’ve lived through some shit. 


My gut has never failed me. It’s my sixth-sense. Warning me of a gunshot coming my way, of a traffic stop being potentially deadly, or the tingling in the back of my neck when I go to sleep telling me I’ll be woken up by a call in the middle of the night. My gut has always kept me honest. 


Like the day I walked into The CafĂ© and saw the new waitress. There was a ring on her left hand, but I didn’t care. One look in her eyes told me everything I needed to know. Her marriage wasn’t one made of love and respect. It was one made of fear and doubt. 


It’s why I ignored that ring, why I arrested her husband, and the reason I’m willing to take my time. Patience is a virtue, and with this woman, I have it in spades. 



Violet Miller 


Meeting Anthony Bailey changed my life. He did things that no one else has ever done for me. 


Feeling safe? Never happened before. 
Feeling wanted? It’s been years. 
Being independent? I’m learning. 



It’s foreign, not having someone question my every move, being able to eat what I want for dinner, and sitting out on my front porch talking to Anthony every night while we share a couple beers. 


I try to tell myself he’s just being nice; that he’s doing his job and working within the community. The problem? The night he takes the kiss we both want, everything changes, and I can no longer deny what I feel. But it doesn’t stop me from trying – and I learn quickly that Ace knows me better than anyone else ever has – including myself. 


All I can do is hang on, as he takes me on the scariest journey of my life. The one that bends us until we almost break, and ends with a happily ever after I never thought I would get. 



ACE includes the wedding of a beloved couple, an appearance by Reaper, and the continuation of EVERYONE falling in love with Caleb! 



Our Review:

Another wonderful novel in the Moonshine Taskforce Series! I have been following this series since book one. I got hooked right away. I love the overall theme for the entire series, but I also love how each book follows different characters and has its own subplot as well. I also really enjoy all the police in uniform. I sometimes imagine them in swat like gear when reading certain scenes. Talk about HOT! I do suggest you go and read this series from book one, but I think you could read this as a standalone as well.

I really enjoyed this book. I liked the plot of this book. The fact that this author took the subject of Domestic Violence and showcased it really shows that this author is not afraid to discuss important yet hot topics. With that being said, this was the only part of this book I didn’t feel would rate a 5. I just felt like a piece of the plot was missing for me.

The characters were loveable in this book. Violet is such a strong character. I loved reading things from her point of view. It was a nice insight into someone who has gone through some truly terrible things. It is also a good look into how a person like that could stay in such a situation for so long. Then you have Anthony aka Ace. He is such a strong and protective character. I loved reading about all the things he was willing to do in order to protect the people he loves.

These two had a slow burn going on with them. Violet was in no situation to be jumping into the sheets with anyone, and I am happy to report the author didn’t force this topic. It felt organic as the author wrote in a way that I feel these character might actually do the things written. Once there is a spark though, stand back. There will be lots of heat ahead.

The writing style of this book is much like the others in the series. I liked the dual point of view. It gives the readers better insight into each character. I also liked that the pace was steady. I feel there should have been one more aspect thrown in to amp up the book, but overall it was nice. I cannot wait for Menaces book.

Overall, I enjoyed this book. The only reason it is rated a 4 instead of a 5 is because I truly feel there is one tiny aspect in this book missing. I feel that while it was an amazing book, I was missing some of the action I feel we had in the other books. I cannot wait to keep reading this series though. Great job!

Star Ratings:
Plot: 4/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 4/5
Overall: 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment