Friday, October 16, 2020

Release+Review-Pride and Papercuts-Staci Hart




Blurb:

Hate is a strong word.

 

Depending on the company, loathe is a good substitute. Abhor might be a little fancy, but it gets the job done. But the word that really sums up how I feel about Liam Darcy is, without question, hate.

 

He doesn’t seem to think much of me either. The second he lays his fault-seeking eyes on me, he sets out to oppose me. Everything about him is imposing, as if he consumes the nearby air to power the rise and fall of his broad chest, and it’s clear he resents my presence on his advertising team. Every idea I have is shot down. Every olive branch I offer is set on fire by nothing more than the blistering coals he calls eyes.

 

In return, I light him up with my words.

 

It’s not as if he can dismiss me, since I work for his client, Wasted Words. Instead, he’s forced to tolerate me, which seems the closest we’ll ever be to friends. Fine by me.

 

I can be civil and still hate Liam Darcy.

 

But if there’s more to him than his exterior shows, I won’t be able to hate him at all.

 

I might stumble over that line between love and hate and fall right into his arms.

 

 

 

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2Jb48dq⠀

AppleBooks: https://apple.co/2Ue22Qz

B&N: https://bit.ly/2WJoqme

Kobo: https://bit.ly/2vVzeTC

Add to Goodreads: https://bit.ly/3bo2Xnk

Our Review:

“Modern retelling, 5 stars”

 

I may be the first to say it, but I’m not a huge fan of the classics. Yes, they are classics but sometimes they drag out for far too long and it's too much for my attention span. I get annoyed and walk away. The last time I read Pride & Prejudice it was the same thing, then again I was seventeen so… *shrugs* at least in the end I could admit it was a classic for a reason.

With that said, I didn’t know what to think going into Pride & Papercuts. It’s a modern retelling, after all. I brushed my fear aside and picked it up and was hooked. I adore the Bennett family and I wanted to see what happened with Laney. Well, I’ll admit it, I was an idiot for doubting Hart. The whole time she had me on the edge of my seat, waiting to see if Laney and Liam would pull their heads out of where the sun doesn’t shine and get together. Add in the fact I got my Bennett fix, and I was sold. The only problem is, I don’t want to walk away from this family.

Take a chance, pick up the book, and devour it.

Plot-5/5

Characters-5/5

Heat-4/5

Writing style-5/5

Overall-5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment