Tuesday, June 9, 2015

REVIEW - Dirty Bad Savage (Dirty Bad Wrong #2) - Jade West




 TITLE: Dirty Bad Savage (Dirty Bad Wrong #2)

AUTHOR: Jade West




 SYNOPSIS:

 

They say Callum Jackson's a savage.
No home. No prospects. No self-restraint.
He's red-flagged on my system, a grade-1 aggression risk, totally off limits for a woman like me.
But the rules don't allow for my dangerous games; they don't bend for my twisted desires.
Callum Jackson is the most beautiful beast.
A beast I can't stop thinking about, can't stop wanting, can't stop hunting...
...I just pray to God this beast bites.

Sophia Harding runs a tight ship. She may work in the dregs of housing association slums, but her patch is on the way up.
Anti-social behaviour is down, employment is on the rise, and she's even been shortlisted for estate manager of the year.
It's looking good. Really good. Until Callum Jackson completes his jail time and lands right back on her doorstep.
She could do without a guy like him on her books: a failure of the system and a pain in the fucking ass.
She should tick the boxes, do her job and keep her distance – that's what the handbook says. The handbook says no one-on-one contact, no at-risk situations, no direct confrontation of any kind.
But the handbook doesn't know of her craving for hardcore submission.
The handbook has no fucking idea how she yearns to unleash Jackson at club Explicit, where his savage can really run wild.
The handbook doesn't know shit...



 

MY THOUGHTS:



Wowwwww!! This book has seriously kick started my slacking reading speed.
I have been in a book funk for a while, and it was taking me ages to get through books, that normally I would of flown through. I just couldn't pick up the pace, or become more gripped by the story. Not saying they weren't good books, they were, they just took me ages to read.

Then along came Dirty Bad Savage. I had come across Dirty Bad Wrong quite late on from the release hype, so by the time I read it, there was only a couple of weeks, until the release of this next book.
I was still buzzing over the unique, sexy, and clever plot of the first book, so I was MORE than ready for what was coming next. 

This time, the story is about beautiful and conservative Sophie. She comes from family money, but works hard at the job she loves. She is in charge of trying to sort out, one of the roughest, and most troublesome, dangerous housing estates, in London. She does it because she is good at it, and she has balls of steel. You need it with the inhabitants of this housing area.

Fresh out of prison, Callum Jackson is back on the estate, and not exactly welcomed home. All he is concerned with, is getting his dog back, and keeping his head down. Except that's not possible around there. He is already in fights and trouble within minutes of arriving back. Plus his loyalty to his friends, has him taking on debts that aren't even his.

Sophie and Callum cross paths pretty early, and Sophie gets a brutal and raw vision of what Callum is capable of. She sees Callum in a fierce street fight, with one of the resident trouble makers, and she is obviously shocked. Yet watching him, she also feels something else.
Sophie ends up helping out Callum. She feels a curiosity towards him, that she doesn't understand. He seems to spark her secret kink for rough, hard, and brutal pain.

Dirty Bad Savage is connected to the first book Dirty Bad Wrong, through one main thing. Explicit, the BDSM club. We learnt about this club in the first book, and all the regulars who frequent it.
Now this time, it would seem Sophie is one of the members, but also one of the sub's that used to play alongside Masque, the epic character from the first book. But Masque no longer takes on other subs, now he has Cat, and Sophie is lost. Nobody does for her, what Masque did, and she can't seem to find relief.

Yet, seeing Callum at his most raw and 'Savage', Sophie can see something in him. All the anger, and savage raw energy. He could do for her, what no other man seems to be able to, since Masque. Of course it's forbidden, Sophie has her work and position to think of. She tries to put him out of her mind. But it's impossible, and through a sequence of very sexy, and very tense moments. They seem to end up finding out more about each other, and what they like.

So, background aside. This book was completely different from the first one. I honestly thought it would have the same feel, or tone. Perhaps even the same sort of content. But it couldn't be more different. In some ways, this book was even more unique than it's predecessor. The background showed us a picture, you definitely do not read about in many fiction books these days. I can honestly say, I've never read a book set amongst a council estate and the trouble that takes place. This book like the one before it, is set in London. And the majority of it, is within an area of housing, that is like a world of it's own. The people who live there, protect their land and area fiercely. They will do whatever they have to, or need to, to survive. There is nothing that they are beyond doing, it if means they survive.
I don't live in London, but I do have areas like that near me, everyone does. So I could picture it perfectly, and I just felt it made this book stand out, the fact that it wasn't glossed over, or made into something else. We had a picture of the real visual, and it showed the extent of how bad some of the characters lives were.

Anyway, aside from the amazing background, gritty details, and dark visual.
Another stand out point, would be the awesomely dirty sex that runs through this book. AGAIN, with the fact that it's never the normal and regular kind of sex, in these books, which I love. It's brutal, dirty and sometimes not what you are expecting. But it just adds to the atmosphere, and what makes it stand out from all the other books in this genre.
Boundaries and limits are pushed, and the tension and heat is crazy. But it makes this story completely addictive. It's the first book in ages, that I read straight through with no stops.

Characters. I loved Sophie. She broke the norm. Everyone expected her to be prim and proper with daddies money, but she was incredible. Feisty, stuck up for herself, and went after what she wanted, with no shame or doubt. She had a few obstacles to get over, but she got there eventually.

Callum, I was torn between loving him, and not being quite sure. He was fiercely loyal, and dangerously sexy, but I felt sorry for him too much. He had been through some seriously bad crap in his life, and he had such low self esteem for it. And sometimes I wished he would 'Masque up'. Let his inner sex god Dom, come out to play. He did sometimes, and those scenes were epic! But other times, it was obvious that he was struggling with issues, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to hug him or jump him, or shower him with lots of soap. I know his circumstances were bad, and out of his control, and he was a complete survivor for it though. And I felt truly satisfied for the ending. It was perfection for him.

Becs/Rebecca/Raven OMG!! I LOVE her so much, she really is an epic character. I loved her in Dirty Bad Wrong and was thrilled to see her back in Dirty Bad Savage. She can do no wrong in my eyes. Hilariously funny, sexy, down to earth, and always helping out others in need, made up to perfection. I so need to see her have her own book!!

Of course, it wouldn't be perfect without the AMAZING appearance from Masque and Cat!! They were awesome as ever, and his presence on those few pages, was completely page melting. That man is sex. End of.

So quick round up, after a ridiculously long review. If you got to this point, thank you and well done, I'm not sure I would of. ;)
This book was exactly what I hoped it would be. It literally hums to it's own tune. I couldn't compare it to any other book, it's completely unique. It's also addictive, sexy, very dark at times, thrilling, and also quite sad. But it's stupidly epic! And the ending is perfect!
The writing style hooked me in straight away, just like it did in the first book. The raw and gritty world, author Jade West paints with her words, is incomparable to others in this genre. She nails this style of book with total ease. And I can't wait to see what's next in this series!


**I was given an ARC of this book, in exchange for a fair and honest review.**

STAR RATING - 4.5 STARS



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25412862-dirty-bad-savage

 

CLICK ON COVER TO PURCHASE

(On offer for 99p/99c for a limited time)

~ ~ ~

Book 1

Dirty Bad Wrong (Dirty Bad Wrong #1)

 

SYNOPSIS:

They call him Masque.
I call him God.
The man I want to consume me, own me, break me and corrupt me.
Yet I've never seen his face.
His body ripples like an adonis, sculpted in steel and dripping in sin. His flesh is inked with the mark of the chimera - one body, two very different halves.
He plays hard.
He plays rough.
He has no limits.
He's so fucking dirty bad wrong.
But I love him for it.
 
***

Lydia Marsh is always the strong one. The girl who never breaks, and sure as hell never cries. She's got it all - the perfect little life in cosy suburbia, with her perfectly nice boyfriend, and their perfectly sufficient sex life. She's even got her perfect little career plan all wrapped up at Trial Run Software Group.

But when it all falls apart, and Lydia's pretty, green eyes are fixed on a brutally sexual stranger - the man they call Masque - she comes to suspect that being strong isn't all it's cracked up to be.

For now Lydia wants something she's never wanted before...

And she wants Masque to give it to her.

**Warning - this novel contains graphic sex, and hardcore elements of BDSM. There are scenes of violence (consensual) as well as sexual practices some readers may find offensive.**

 

MY REVIEW OF DIRTY BAD WRONG

 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23717004-dirty-bad-wrong

 

CLICK COVER TO PURCHASE DIRTY BAD WRONG









No comments:

Post a Comment