Friday, June 26, 2015

Seraphim Question Time - Maria Macdonald

Seraphim Question Time with Maria Macdonald

 



Here in the Seraphim Question Time corner today, is Maria Macdonald. Maria is releasing her second novel today, Love Resisted, which is the follow on to Love Reflection, and has done incredibly well. Maria was also our first Author Takeover on our blog too! So we love Maria, and are dead excited to be doing SQT with her!


Maria's Author Bio

Maria is a full time working Mum, she has two beautiful daughters, both of whom love books as much as she.

She has loved to write since she was a little girl.

She started her blog - Surrender to Books - in April 2014, and is now one half of the team that run it. Blogging has inspired her to write and publish.

Maria, her husband and children now reside in Wiltshire, England.

Love Reflection is her debut novel and the first in the Entwined Hearts Series.



Describe yourself in 3 words.
Friendly, happy, loud.


If you could have written any book which book would it be and why?
Existence by Abbi Glines. Because this is my favourite paranormal trilogy ever and one day I would love to write this genre :-) ...plus I totally love Dank! 


Who is your favourite of your own characters (either already written or still in your head) and why?
I think it would have to be Soph. Although I love my men, Soph is so fierce and brave. I also love another leading lady I'm writing for a totally different book ;-) 

Shaz - I <3 Soph too, she's my girl! 

Best book you have read so far this year, and your Favourite book of all time?
I can give you a top 3, that's about the best I can do as there have been so many! 
Revved by Samantha Towle, Sweet Hope by Tillie Cole and Still Life by A.M. Johnson 


Are there any other authors who inspire you?
Yes loads. I'd never be able to name them all without missing someone out!  


Favourite thing that's been said about one of your books?
I've been lucky to have had some amazing things said about Love Reflection. Here is something from one review on Amazon :-) 
"An amazing book that grips you from the first page until the end, and then some. A stunning debut novel that means this author will always be a one click for me from now on."


What does the next twelve months look like in your book world?
Oh gosh! Super busy! I am currently writing book 3 in the Entwined Hearts Series - Love Renewed. I have also started a new book, which I'm not going to name as I keep changing my mind about the title! I have a few more books in my head ready to write. I also have two signing's coming up in 2016. Bournemouth in April 2016, Dublin in October 2016


Who is your current book boyfriend and who is your all time, old faithful, go to book boyfriend?
Currently I am re-reading the Rock Chick series by Kristen Ashley. This series is my go to old faithful book boyfriend set...I say set because I find it hard to pick just one. I'm kind of a 'love the one you're with' book reader ;-)


If you were stuck on an island with just one paperback book, which book would it be?
The boy who sneaks through my bedroom window by Kirsty Moseley


Favorite line from a book.
"Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do, watcha gonna do when they cut your wiener,” Gavin sang as he pointed his gun at random objects.
“Wow, cops have gotten pretty hardcore lately” Carter muttered.” 
― Tara Sivec, Seduction and Snacks 


What's your go to karaoke song?
I try not to do karaoke as I don't want dogs howling, however, if I were to sing it would have to be something like Hey Jude by the Beatles...not because its my favourite song or anything but because I want to sing the "judy, judy, judy, judy, judy" bit lol. 

Shaz *does wobbly head macca bit along with the song :) *

You've opened up your wardrobe and your clothes aren't there, instead it's your dream world! You walk through, what's the first thing you see?
Every book boyfriend ever, all wanting me...and only me ;-) 


Is there a particular genre, maybe outside your comfort zone that you would like to write?
I love lots of genre's but I would say YA is the one I read the most. 


What's the best and worst advice you've ever received?
Best advice has been to enjoy it, never do it for any other reason that the love you have for writing. 
Worst advice - I haven't really got any really bad advice. I've had some things said to me that I have ignored purely because its not the way I want to do things, but it wasn't bad advice as it worked for others :-) 


What words do you love to use, and see in books, and what words do you hate to use / see?
I have none for either. I know loads of people hate words like Moist. I don't really care to be honest. I think the author will write whatever works for them. I have never read anything and thought I hate that word or I love that word lol 


If you had one superpower, what would it be?
The ability to eat whatever I wanted without gaining weight, losing weight or it making me sick or unhealthy bahahahaha


Most underrated author / book you've read?
A.M Johnson, because I think her books should be on every shelf in every supermarket across the world :-D  


Who is your absolute favourite man candy?
Pedro Soltz. Without doubt. He is my Dane inspiration (if you've read my books) just look at my Pinterest page. 


Anything you would like to say? 
I would like to say thank you for supporting me. I really appreciate bloggers, the hard work and dedication they put into supporting us is amazing. Authors would be nowhere without you. I also want to thank any reader who is willing to take a chance on my books. You're helping me live my dreams <3 

Shaz - We <3 you Maria!



AUTHOR STALK LINKS:

Twitter - @MMacdonaldBooks
Pinterest - Mariamacdonald7
IG - mariamacdonaldbooks

Also please join me for my release day event for Love Resisted. There are a lot of awesome authors taking part as well as some fab donations ;-) 



No comments:

Post a Comment