Monday, June 15, 2015

REVIEW - Priest - Sierra Simone



 

 TITLE : Priest

AUTHOR : Sierra Simone



SYNOPSIS:


There are many rules a priest can't break.
A priest cannot marry. A priest cannot abandon his flock. A priest cannot forsake his God.

I've always been good at following rules.
Until she came.
My name is Tyler Anselm Bell. I'm twenty-nine years old. Six months ago, I broke my vow of celibacy on the altar of my own church, and God help me, I would do it again.
I am a priest and this is my confession.


***Priest is a standalone, full-length novel with an HEA.  For mature audiences only.***






 

 

MY THOUGHTS:



Forgive me father, but I have sinned. I have absolutely imagined a priest in as many naughty ways as possible.

This book is EPIC! No other words for it. Uh well maybe a few, like unbelievably sexy. Page melting hotness.
The tension, and chemistry was so intense I was feeling the frustration for the characters.

Anyway let me go back a bit.
Okay, so I love gossip and hype over books. It's usually what makes me buy them. And for the last month or so, everything book worldish has been all about Priest. Anyone who was lucky enough to have read it, had fallen in lust with it, and those who hadn't were chomping at the bit, to get their hands on it. It was crazy, and of course I WANTED IT!!

Luckily for me, I could review it for the blog, and I could of cried when it showed up looking all forbidden and mysterious on my kindle. I couldn't wait to dig in!

So before I even begin, this book is in a Male POV, which isn't all that normal for me. Dual POV yes, but not so much of just the man. But hey, it made no difference, in fact it probably made it even more intense.

And yes, this is an incredibly sexy romance, that revolves around a Priest, so if that is a hard limit for you, best walk away right now.
Okay, so obviously not a limit for me, if anything I was even more excited by the taboo nature of it. Anyone who knows my book tastes, know I love anything that crosses boundaries and limits, so this was totally a Christmas present wrapped up for me.

Father Bell. 29 year old Priest. Ordained 3 years ago. Grew up with religion, past horrific events spurred on chosen profession.
Extremely intelligent, kind, caring, and incredible at his profession/calling.

Then one day everything changes.
In to this small town, walks someone new, and this new person happens to be feeling lost, wanting to see if religion is something that they are missing. So decides to try out confession.

Poppy, a few years younger. She is a child of perfect breeding. She was a model child, teen, young adult, went to all the best schools. Graduated with the top grades. Incredibly smart, and clued up. But utterly lost. Sick of doing everything for her parents, never getting to chose her own path, and make her own choices. She walks out after graduating from business college, and never looks back.
After a few years exploring her own love of life. She is still finding herself lost. She feels as if she needs some purpose in her life.

So Poppy moves to Father Bell's little town. And decides to attend a confessional.
Even without looking at each other, sparks are already starting to sizzle between them.
It's from this moment, that the incredible tension and heat between these two people blows up.
From then on, each page is showing a build of sexual chemistry unlike anything I've ever read about before. Yes, I know it's because it's forbidden, but wow, it's also pretty intense.


"It doesn't feel right, to treat you like this...to claim you like some sort of property. And more importantly, I don't want to hurt you."


It's not just the incredible chemistry between Father Bell and Poppy, it's also something so perfect, and beautiful that is building between them. It's also the frustration and confusion you feel for them. Knowing their lives will never be the same, once they give in to it.
The biggest thing I think, would be the unfairness of it all. Obviously Father Bell is incredibly good at his work, he puts everything he has in to it, and makes a massive difference. But he also is falling in love. Which normally, is not a problem. He has not done anything wrong, yet is made to feel guilt by his vows.
I felt so conflicted for them, and annoyed for them. They were an absolutely perfect couple, and they were torn. It was really sad.

"Because once you say it, once I say it, then everything has to change."


Obviously aside from the unfairness of it all, and the beautiful love story building, I have to mention the very obvious factor. The INCREDIBLE hot scenes. The sex scenes in this book, were of a completely different level. Not only was it wrong, forbidden, and stupidly hot. BUT, just to put the cherry on the already scrummy cake, Father Bell had some secrets in his closet, when it came to sex and his predilection for certain umm things. I'm not saying anything else on the subject. But seriously, when you are fed up of reading the same old stuff, and want something different, unique and that will blow not only your mind, but also blow your pants off, Priest is it!!!


I will not tire of telling people how amazing this book is. I would love to step back and read it again for the first time. I hate that you can't get that feeling back again. Because this book is seriously incredible.

Priests weren't allowed to fall in love. I wasn't allowed to fall in love.

Star Rating:


Plot = 5/5
Characters = 5/5
Heat = 10/5
Writing Style = 5/5 
Overall Rating = 5/5









https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25507389-priest


CLICK COVER FOR PURCHASE






If you would like to know more about Author Sierra Simone, check out our exclusive Q&A with her!

Also, head on over to our page for a Kindle e-copy GIVEAWAY of Priest!

No comments:

Post a Comment