Monday, June 29, 2015

Seraphim Question Time - Sierra Simone





Seraphim Question Time With Sierra Simone 




Joining us for Seraphim Question Time today is the Author everyone is waiting to read Sierra Simone! Her new book Priest lands today and say we're a bit excited, is well, a bit of an understatement. Welcome Sierra!



Sierra's Author Bio

Sierra Simone is a former librarian who spent too much time reading romance novels at the information desk. She lives with her husband and family in Kansas City.
                                                  



Describe yourself in 3 words.
Coffee, Erotica, Sweatpants


If you could have written any book which book would it be and why?

I wish I could have written First Touch (coming this December) by Laurelin Paige. Laurelin is my critique partner and so I got to see this incredibly sexy, incredibly dark, incredibly complicated novel unfold, and I am just in awe of Laurelin's mastery in storytelling.  I want to be her when I grow up.


Who is your favourite of your own characters (either already written or still in your head) and why?

Oh, this is hard!  I think right now Father Bell is still my favorite character, because a lot of the things he's preoccupied with--namely sex and religion--are the same things I'm preoccupied with...


Best book you have read so far this year, and your Favourite book of all time?

Aside from First Touch, I think it would have to be The Mistress Experiment by Elizabeth Otto. She has this way of weaving in these heart-wrenching storylines along with the romance that bring you to tears--not to mention her celebrity inspiration for Dr. Kimball was Tom Hiddleston, which makes it all the hotter!


Are there any other authors who inspire you?

Oh, so many!  CD Reiss writes books that scoop out my brain and eat them for lunch. Tiffany Reisz interweaves faith and sex seamlessly.  Melanie Harlow makes me giggle with every book, and Geneva Lee has mastered the breathtaking plot. One day, I hope to be half as good as them!

Shaz - I adore Mistress Tiffany's books and I am always imploring my fellow blogger Lou to read them. Maybe now you've said that, she will :)

Lou - I will, I will. I'm on it, promise. *Polishes dust off of The Siren pb*


Favourite thing that's been said about one of your books?

A reader recently told me that my Markham Hall stories reminded her of Jane Eyre and Rebecca, and I practically cried.  Jane Eyre is my favorite book of all time.

Shaz - Jane Eyre was the first novel I read by choice and I still have that same tattered copy I got when I was 12

Lou - Ooo I have an old tattered copy too, complete with dog eared pages, and battered spine. Which is like book abuse, but it was passed on to me, so it's been enjoyed by so many readers.



What does the next twelve months look like in your book world?
Busy!  But in a good way, I hope.  I plan on writing two or three books for Silas (a character from the Markham Hall series), which will hopefully come out in the fall.  And then I have a contemporary, menage retelling of the King Arthur/Guinevere/Lancelot love triangle that I'd like to do.  And I've been toying around with writing another priestly romance, maybe with Father Jordan.

Lou - Oooo Father Jordan!! That would be awesome, he is a bundle of mystery all rapped up in good genes, I definitely vote for that book!



Who is your current book boyfriend and who is your all time, old faithful, go to book boyfriend?

My current book boyfriend is Charlie Dwyer from Melanie Harlow's Floored (I have a thing for cops!).  And I know this is probably boring, but I think my old faithful book boyfriend has to be Edward Rochester from Jane Eyre.  There's something about him that makes me swoon every time I reread it.


If you were stuck on an island with just one paperback book, which book would it be? 

Jane Eyre!


Favorite line from a book.

"Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again." --Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier


What's your go to karaoke song?

Ha!  I avoid singing in public at all costs, but in the car, I'm usually growling along to Tool or A Perfect Circle.


You've opened up your wardrobe and your clothes aren't there, instead it's your dream world! You walk through, what's the first thing you see?

The softest pair of sweatpants in the world.


Is there a particular genre, maybe outside your comfort zone that you would like to write?

I really read almost everything, except for westerns.  But I'm a sucker for a good sexy romance--those are the ones I stay up late to finish.


What's the best and worst advice you've ever received?

The best advice I ever got as a writer was to start working on your next project as soon as you've finished the last one.  That way you have something new and shiny to occupy your mind when the edits and/or bad reviews start coming in.  The worst advice I ever got was to make writing secondary to the business side of publishing.  Writing should always come first, I think, otherwise you eventually won't have anything new to promote.


What words do you love to use, and see in books, and what words do you hate to use / see?
I'm a dirty girl and I like dirty words.  Basically any dirty word, I love to write and read. Words that make me cringe (even if I'm occasionally guilty of using them myself) - chuckle, butthole, moist.


If you had one superpower, what would it be?
Freezing time.  I NEED MORE TIME.


Most underrated author / book you've read?
There's so many!  I think my most recent one is Monster in His Eyes by JM Darhower. That one, and its sequel, were so perfectly plotted and the characters so perfectly written, that I really feel like every romance reader needs to read it.  (UGH, GET IN MY BED, NAZ.) 


Who is your absolute favourite man candy?
HIDDLES
There's something about the blue eyes and the dimples and the constant apologizing.  


Anything you would like to say? 
Thank you Seraphim Book Reviews! 

And if you'd like to find more of me, I'm on:

Instagram, https://instagram.com/thesierrasimone
Twitter, https://twitter.com/TheSierraSimone
Pinterest, https://www.pinterest.com/thesierrasimone/
And I have a VERY NSFW tumblr, https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thesierrasimone




Thank you Sierra, we loved having you over to do our Q&A! 

No comments:

Post a Comment