Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Seraphim Question Time with Ker Dukey




Joining us today for Seraphim Question Time is master of the dark read Ker Dukey, celebrating the release of her new book Drawn To you, which is out now!


Ker's Author Bio

My books all tend to be darker romance, edge of you seat, angst filled reads. My advice to my readers when starting one of my titles...prepare for the unexpected.

I have always had a passion for storytelling, whether it be through lyrics or bed time stories with my sisters growing up. We also used to put on performances by acting out stories. I wanted to become an actress from an early age so I could live out many roles but unfortunately I learned early on that my mind was too active...(I would end up wanting to change the script)
I would watch films or TV shows and think of ways they could have improved the story if they took another direction so I thought it best that I tell my own.

My mum would always have a book in her hand when I was young and passed on her love for reading, inspiring me to venture into writing my own. I tend to have a darker edge to my writing. Not all love stories are made from light; some are created in darkness but are just as powerful and worth telling.

When I'm not lost in the world of characters I love spending time with my family. I'm a mum and that comes first in my life but when I do get down time I love attending music concerts or reading events with my younger sister.


Describe yourself in 3 words.
Creative, passionate, loud 


If you could have written any book which book would it be and why?
Anything by Stephen king... because his mind intrigues me so floating on the same wave length as him would be cool.


Who is your favourite of your own characters (either already written or still in your head) and why?
Ryan, from my Empathy series, he is the most fun to write and easiest oddly enough. o.O


Best book you have read so far this year, and your Favourite book of all time?
Wow, that's impossible to answer. I could never choose one book of all time. This year i haven't had much time to read, I make time for The hangman series by Tillie cole, anything by D.H.Sidebottom, Pepper Winters, Tijan, A Meredith or Kirsty moseley to name but a few :p


Are there any other authors who inspire you?
All authors inspire me if they're passionate about their work. 


Favourite thing that's been said about one of your books?
That it helped them in some small way. I write because it's therapeutic for me, i have a active imagination and i love getting to create and live out many lives through my writing. If i can help someone else escape into another world for even a little while, then i'm happy.


What does the next twelve months look like in your book world?
I have a New Adult romance Drawn to you,  coming out on the 30th June.
I have a Dark erotica I SEE YOU, coming out July 20th. So a busy couple of months. 
I have many titles in the works for the rest of the year, including my novel Ten and a follow up novella to my Empathy series called Deadly. I have a couple of book signings and fingers crossed a holiday ;) 


Who is your current book boyfriend and who is your all time, old faithful, go to book boyfriend?
Kellan Kyle is my return to bbf. 
I'm preparing to watch 50 shades over the weekend so i guess Christian is my current bbf 


If you were stuck on an island with just one paperback book, which book would it be?
Can it be a boxset of the thoughtless series?


Favorite line from a book.
I think this is from The shining but either way it's my favourite quote from an author.“Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.” Stephen King. 


What's your go to karaoke song?
Love this question LOL
Sinead O'Connor Nothing compares to you


You've opened up your wardrobe and your clothes aren't there, instead it's your dream world! You walk through, what's the first thing you see?
Kellan Kyle on one knee before me? Or Christian in the red room :p 


Is there a particular genre, maybe outside your comfort zone that you would like to write?
I have tried my hand at paranormal, i'd like to have another go at that. 


What's the best and worst advice you've ever received?
Take the good with the bad, not everyone will love what you have to offer and that's ok.


What words do you love to use, and see in books, and what words do you hate to use / see?
I love the word devour and crave they sound good on the tongue. I dislike the word squirt *shudders*


If you had one superpower, what would it be?
flying, I have had vivid dreams about flying it was awesome! 


Most underrated author / book you've read?
Oh i can't answer that, underrated is perspective so i wouldn't want to offend an author who is content with how well their title has done. :D  


Who is your absolute favourite man candy?
Chris Hemsworth oh and Jared leto


If you didn't write books, what would you be doing?
Reading more of them :p  I always wanted to be an actress or a singer

There is a massive awards ceremony for authors, both trad published and indie. It's a big shindig and everyone is there. In a room full of these incredible people, who is the author that makes you mush and you totally fangirl over them?
S. C stephens I would love to get my book signed by her. LOL

What is your #BookZero? That one book you've read again and again, and you know you will re read it again?
Thoughtless series and Captive in the dark series

Anything you would like to say? 
Thanks for all you do as a blog and thanks for loving books! Reading nurtures the soul <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment