Thursday, July 16, 2015

REVIEW - Rage (Fire & Steel MC #1) - Kaylee Song


Synopsis:



Death. That's all Fire and Steel M.C. brings Layla. A trail of death and destruction that leave her completely ravaged. She moved a thousand miles to escape the brutality and vengeance of the club, but she was forged in the club and never as free as she believed...


When her brother is murdered death brings her right back into the clutches of the M.C. and under the watchful of Cullen "Rage" McFadden, her first love.

Can she resist the temptation he represents, or will he drag her down into his world one more time?




My Thoughts:




Rage is the story about Cullen and Layla. Layla grew up in the MC. She left for school and was hoping to never have to come back. After a tragedy, Layla is called back to her old neighborhood into the MC life.

I really enjoyed the story. It was the first MC book I've ever read and I was a little bit skeptical going into it. I wasn't sure if I would like the genre. I am so glad that I took a chance on this book. The way Kaylee writes about the MC life made me feel like I was actually living as a part of the MC. I loved the main characters, but I also loved all the supporting characters and look forward to hopefully getting to read their stories as the series progresses.

This book has a main love story, but it also has an underlying mystery. Aside from Cullen and Layla reconnecting, there is something wonky going on in the MC. Cullen, Also known as Rage, is the vice President of the MC and he's the one who is trying to figure out the mystery. At every turn the reader uncovers another clue to solve the mystery. The way Kaylee build up the suspense in the book is brilliant. There were times that I physically felt myself tense because I could tell something big was coming up and it made me nervous yet excited at the same time to finally have things revealed.

Although I really enjoyed the book, there were a couple things that I did not like. I felt like parts of the story were a little bit rushed, and maybe things progressed a little bit slower. Also I found a couple of spelling errors or grammatical errors, but I was able to overlook them at the content of the story was worth it.

With that being said, I would definitely refer this book to a friend.




STAR RATINGS:

Plot= 5/5
Characters=4/5
Heat=5/5
Writing style=4/5
Overall=4/5





Favorite quotes:



"Clock me, then kiss me. No wonder you're still single, Lala."



"This push-and-pull shit. I can't handle it. You're too much like a *freaking* drug. Either I've got you in your mind or nothing."











CLICK THE COVER TO PURCHASE:




No comments:

Post a Comment