Monday, July 13, 2015

REVIEW - Flawed Love - Bella Jewel

Title - Flawed Love

Author - Bella Jewel





Synopsis

Rainer Torrence is everything I could have wanted in my life and more. 
He became my best friend when I was Thirteen years old. 
From then on, we were inseparable. He was my first love and my first heartbreak. 
But I always thought it was forever. 
Until his Father died and things went bad. 
Then suddenly, he disappeared. 
Ten years and I didn’t see or hear from him. 
Then came the call I’d be praying for– he was back in town. 
Only the man I remembered is not him. 
This man is quiet, deadly, and so incredibly beautiful. 
He also doesn’t remember me. 
He looks into my eyes, and he sees nothing. 

Nothing. 

So, I let him believe I’m just a girl that walked into his bar. 
I let him believe I’m just a friend. 
I let him use me on the cold, dark nights. 
I let him believe that I am as emotionless about our relationship as he is. 
I just let the secret go on and on. 
But all secrets have an end, don’t they?




What It's about

A broken man and a heartbroken woman. Hard choices and moving on!





What I thought

I've been waiting for this since tana rescued pip! Rainers Story!

Rainer and Emalie are childhood best friends whose friendship develops to more and through circumstances beyond their control, they're torn apart. We the readers know that Rainer was sold in to slavery when he was still a teenager and only escapes when an MC is rescuing one of their owns sister. Emalie doesn't know this, she just know's he left. So when she hears he's back in town, she heads to his bar to see him. Only to find that when she does see him, he does not recognise her. Thanks to the years of trauma his mind and body have endured, he is missing memories and the memory of her face is one of them.
"He turns his eyes to me. I wait for it, my heart pounding, my skin clammy and my eyes big and round. I wait for him to recognise me, but it never comes. He just stares at me, his face blank, absolutely no recognition in its depths"
What follows is a heart breaking story of woman desperate for what she lost and a man who is just so confused. Torn between a woman he know's he once loved and the woman who was with him through the hard times.
"Emalie, I want to spend the rest of my life making trouble with you"
I loved this story, it was up, it was down, it was happy, it was sad. It was HOT! Some of the best sex scenes Bella Jewel has written in a while. Even their first kiss *sighs* my fave first kiss ever! And yeah this story was still quite short, it felt no where near as rushed as Flawed Heart.

I'm so confused about Pippa. I'm thrilled for her and Tyke and wish them a lifetime of happiness, but I found her so selfish! It grated on me. I'm not criticizing the writing at all. I loved it, it's surely a sign of how well written it was that it made me feel so strongly about a character I had previously liked? 

A awesome little tease of Raide too, who we get to meet in the next book :)



Star Ratings:

Plot = 4.5/5
Characters = 4/5
Heat = 4/5
Writing Style = 4.5/5
Overall Rating = 4.5/5









Click Cover Image To Purchase



No comments:

Post a Comment