Thursday, July 9, 2015

REVIEW - Dare - T.A. Foster


TITLE: Dare (The Nox #1)

AUTHOR: T.A. Foster



Synopsis:




Choices should come easily to a queen.

Especially the queen of panther shifters. But Dare, leader of the Nox, faces the most difficult decisions of her life as she struggles to keep her freedom and keep the Nox safe.

Destined to marry when she turns twenty-two and give up the magic that is her birthright, Dare fights back, determined to change the course of history. Only along the way she falls for a human who forces her to face the reality that there are some things she can’t resist.

Zac Morgan has crossed the globe hoping to find comfort after a tragic loss has left him empty. He hopes Sullen’s Grove will give him peace and just a little taste of home. Even though he’s worked hard to keep his heart protected, he can’t stop the attraction he feels for the mysterious green-eyed college girl Dare.

When Zac is thrust into the middle of a dangerous shifter war, Dare may be the only one who can save him. Sometimes the choices we make are the ones we least expect.



My Thoughts:

**contains spoilers** 



Dare is a paranormal book about shape shifters with some romance. 

Dare is a twenty one year old girl who can shift into a she-panther. She is the Queen of her territory. Dare has gone to other territories and found other she-panthers and brought them home with her. Her whole mission is to defy the Council. 

Apparently when the shifter kinds came about they made up a Council. The Council monitors everyone and makes up rules they have to follow. 

One being the she-panthers have to marry Kings. And the Kings are allowed to have more than one wife. Anyways Dare doesn't agree with entering a loveless marriage. 
Dare went to other territories and found other she-panthers that don't agree with the rules as well. Together they formed the Nox. 

Case, who is the King and supposed to marry Dare, is a complete power hungry savage. He doesn't care who he has to hurt as long as he gets Dare. He will attack Zac (Dares human boyfriend) and kidnap members of the Nox to try and convince her. What he wants he gets. 


Zac as I already said is Dares human boyfriend. He knows the stories of the shifters, witches, and other paranormal like things in the area. He is a historian ironically. He knows that the she-panthers and witches are real. He just doesn't know that Dare is one. I won't lie he takes everything like a champ, and Case and his Tribe put him through the ringer. But it becomes blatantly clear that he adores Dare. 


I love the idea of the Nox. I tend to be more of a rule breaker myself. I hate being told what to do when it comes to how to live my life. I am more like Vix in the story though. 


One thing is I wish we could have gotten more of, is a back story. We have no idea who the Council actually is. The fact of Dare not even knowing does bother me. 

As a Queen I felt like she should know more about her kind. We don't know exactly why or how the struggles the Nox face came about. 
I just had a lot of questions that couldn't be answered. This is the first book in the series, so hopefully I will get more answers. I do feel that Dare lays a good foundation for the rest of the series. 
T.A. Foster has a book now that she can do anything with, the possibilities for this book are endless. 


Here are a couple of my favorite quotes; 

"“I know I said I would help train your friends, but something feels wrong. Why don’t you tell me what’s going on?”


"“Look, we all have the same thing in common. The Nox do. We don’t want to give up our panther life. We don’t want to marry whom the council matches us with. We don’t want to have cubs and give up our magic. That’s what this is all about. We want to make our own choices. Live the lives we want.” 





STAR RATINGS:


Plot - 4/5 
Heat - 2/5 
Character - 3/5 
Writing style - 3/5 
Overall - 3/5 








CLICK COVER TO PURCHASE:



No comments:

Post a Comment