Friday, July 17, 2015

REVIEW - Loving Ean (The Fae Guard #2) - Elle Christensen

Title - Loving Ean (The Fae Guard #2)
Author - Elle Christensen




Synopsis

Laila 
All of my life, I dreamt of my own fairy tale romance. 
Imagine my surprise when I discovered that my soul mate was a lifelong friend. 
Ean is everything I want and everything I need. 
But, my romance has become a fractured fairy tale. 
Ean has pulled away and let his pain engulf him, leaving no room for me. 
I want to heal him and bring him back to me. 
But, if he won’t let me, I will move on. 
I will find another destiny. 

Ean 
Laila is the best part of me, the light in my soul. 
She is my destiny. 
I want to give her all that I am, all that I have. 
But, the guilt and pain from my mistake has ruined me 
I am not worthy of her and I will not drag her down into my Hell. 
My love for her is forever. 
But, she deserves some one who isn’t broken 
So, I’ll watch her walk away, into the arms of another.




What it's about


Laila and Ean. their fae world and people getting their shit together.






What I thought

Oh my goodness. That Ean is the single most aggravating man (and I use the term man as a for arguments sake) I have read in a book in a long time. And whilst that should grate on me, it didn't because this book made me feel sooooo much anger towards him. I wanted to lash out! and He is a fictional character. So well done Elle for that!
"Damn Ean, you think you could rein it in a little"
(Thats a lot more polite than I would have asked him)

Laila had her pros and cons. Plus side she came out all I am woman hear me roar (in my opinion anyway) the con being it took so long for Ean to see her like that, that throughout the book I kept finding her weak, through no fault of her own. And I really dislike weak women in books. I want my women with balls! She grew them though.
"I'm not one to be clingy, or whine and complain no matter how much I might want to. So, I go to him and put my hand on the side of his face, bringing it around to look down into my eyes. 'OK'. "
So the long and short of it is Ean is a guard whose purpose is to protect fae kids, but it isn't plain sailing. One of his kids is lost to the "fallen" and he takes it personally. He can't and doesn't deal with it very well. He and Laila are "fated" to be each others true love forever and ever, but being the stubborn arse that he is, he is having none of it. Because he is all frustrated he thinks he's break her. This is where her "strength" comes in. She has gotta prove that she is strong enough for the both of them and that together they will be EPIC.
"Well aren't we a pair"
I'll not tell you how it goes, but I enjoyed it. It was passionate. lovable, angry and sexy (Ms Christensen can write some "out of this world" sex scenes (see what I did there). 

I didn't read book one in this series, but I could still follow it just fine however I do think I probably would have got more out of it had I read book one. So I recommend you read them in order.




Star Ratings: 


Plot = 4/5
Characters = 3.5/5
Heat = 4/5
Writing Style = 4/5
Overall Rating = 4/5









Click Cover To Purchase








***I was given a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. All opinions are my own, and do not reflect the opinions of the rest of the Blog.***

No comments:

Post a Comment