Wednesday, March 28, 2018

REVIEW - Come A Little Closer - Kim Karr




TITLE - Come A Little Closer
AUTHOR - Kim Karr






Blurb:

I haven’t always been this bad…

Up until recently, I was the kind of girl who wore white cotton panties and bent at the knees rather than the waist.

Pomp and circumstance changed all that.

Jaxson Cassidy was my first taste of bad, and I liked it more than I should have. Just not in the way I was meant to. I couldn’t help myself though. I found him irresistible. That sexy grin, those skilled fingers, and that dirty, dirty mouth were a lethal combination.

I wasn’t supposed to want him. I wasn’t supposed to let him put his hands on me. I wasn’t supposed to do a lot of things…but I did.

He wants to keep me close.
I should push him away.

He says he can help me.
I’m not so sure.

For some reason, he thinks there’s good left in me.
What if he’s wrong?

Everyone knows a good boy can’t turn a bad girl around.
Everyone knows it’s always the other way.
Everyone…except him.
 




Johnaka's Review:


“Sundance and his thief, 5 stars”


Sadie was always the good girl then like most good girls she fell from grace. Now she has a choice to make; the right one or the wrong. What she didn’t expect was to be taken on a crazy journey and to meet a crazed photographer. Sadie didn’t know she would not only find herself but love. Only she knows it won’t last because she still has a choice to make and Sadie is the type of girl to pay for her sins.

Jaxson never thought that after shooting his ex-fiancĂ©’s wedding he would be lead on a wild goose chase, yet here he is. He can’t tell if Sadie is lying or telling the truth but whatever it is he wants to help her through it. What he didn’t expect was for his inner alpha to wake up because of her. It’s all fun and games while taking photographs of a life time, but what happens when the job is done? Will he keep the girl or lose her?

Come a Little Closer is CRAZY! I never saw Karr taking it where she did. I honestly don’t remember any of her hero’s being anything like Jaxson. The story is hot! These two have chemistry popping off the pages that it almost makes your reading device too hot to handle. I love how Jaxson learned to accept the past for what it was and that Sadie really learned how to be a better person after her experience. Trust me if you dive in to Come a Little Closer you won’t regret it.


Star Ratings:
Plot-5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat-5/5
Writing style-5/5

Overall-5/5





Jennifer's Review:




Holy dirty heck! This book is the perfect balance of hot and steamy! Come a Little Closer is your next guilty pleasure. If you like romance with a bit of kink along with some action, then this is the book for you. Honestly, I could not put it down. Gahh!

I’m not going to lie. I ended up with this book by accident. You know what they say about accidents though. Sometimes they turn our right. That’s how I felt about this book. The plot was fresh and new. I have never read a book like this. There were twists and turns and I loved all the excitement in this book.

Sadie is an interesting character. I was iffy about her at first because her personality kind of rubbed me the wrong way. She is a character that grows on you though. I think this book for her is all about her going on this journey of facing her past. Then you have the sexy Jaxson. Man this guy. I really loved his character. I fell in love with him from the start. I loved watching him go on his own little journey.

Oh my goodness. I said this a lot during this book. Not only because of the action, but also because of the temperature. This book had me fanning myself more times than I care to admit. These characters are beyond sexy in the bed. I will say that things get dirty and a bit kinky so if that’s not your thing, well you have been warned.

This is the first Kim Karr book I have read and let me tell you I was impressed. The pace of the book was steady. I felt this action feel to it from the beginning. She wrote in a way that made me anticipate the upcoming action. With that being said, I did not see some of those twists and turns coming. I was surprised by it. 

Overall, this was a wonderful book. Jaxson… Well if I wasn’t married and he was real… I would meet him in a back alley if you get what I am saying. This was such a joy to read. I really want to go find more books by this author and dig in. If the rest of her stuff is even a fraction of this book, then I already know it will be delightful.


Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5









No comments:

Post a Comment