Wednesday, March 21, 2018

REVIEW - Matters of the Hart - M.E. Carter



TITLE - Matters of the Hart
AUTHOR - M.E. Carter






Blurb:


In an instant he became her hero. Then he became her lover and friend.

My name is Jaxon Hart. 

You watched me grow up. You watched me fight for my life. Now, I’m fighting for hers. 

From the second I laid eyes on Annika, I wanted to help her. Protect her. Vindicate her. But she’s got baggage to get through. Hell, we both do.

But a funny thing happens when you finally connect with someone in a different way than you ever have before. The baggage doesn’t seem so heavy. 

I supposed that’s really the only thing that matters when the heart gets involved.




Heather's Review:



Matters of the Hart is book # 3 in the Hart Series. I personally haven’t read the other two before reading this(I plan on it though) however with that said I didn’t feel like I was missing out on anything important since this could be read as a standalone. So I was grateful for that.

This is Jaxon and Annika’s story.

Jaxon oh my, he was such a caring gentleman! A man that any girl would want to have. A guy who had a not so pleasant childhood but pushed thru and now is in college playing football.

Annika a young woman who is so strong and determined tries to overcome what happens to her. She also loves football.

Jaxon and Annika meet on not the best days of Annika’s life but the way he cares for her wants to be there makes my heart swoon.

They both stick together and help each other out!

I was so focused on this story. I finished in one sitting. There is some heavy content that might not be good for people that been thru what Annika dealt with. It was hard, but that just made me feel even more for Annika. The other characters in this story help as well and I wouldn’t change a thing. It was well-written filled with hope, love, overcome fear.

Parts of the story I liked:

“Right now, I feel safer with you than anyone else in this entire world.”

“A good doctor can make all the difference in the world.”

“I think you’re just as extraordinary as he is.”

“When he loves someone, he loves them fiercely.”

Star Ratings:
Plot- 5/5
Characters – 5/5
Heat- 5/5
Writing Style- 5/5
Overall rating – 5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment