Wednesday, March 21, 2018

REVIEW - Long Shot - Kennedy Ryan



TITLE - Long Shot 
AUTHOR - Kennedy Ryan







Blurb:

A Standalone FORBIDDEN LOVE SET IN THE EXPLOSIVE WORLD OF THE NBA...

Think you know what it's like being a baller's girl?
You don't.
My fairy tale is upside down.
A happily never after.
I kissed the prince and he turned into a fraud.
I was a fool, and his love - fool's gold.

Now there's a new player in the game, August West. 
One of the NBA's brightest stars.
Fine. Forbidden. 
He wants me. I want him.
But my past, my fraudulent prince, just won't let me go.


Johnaka's Review:


“Hoops and suspense, 5 stars”


I honestly never read the blurb to Long Shot, I just knew I love Ryan’s stories and decided to read it. I never saw the twists and turns this story was going to take until we were already into them. August and Iris have a crazy journey in this story and I loved it. I was sucked in and couldn’t stop reading until the end. If there was ever a love story where two people deserve to be with each other and can’t at the time it’s this one.

August didn’t know when he went to the bar to chill one night that he would end up having a conversation with a woman for hours. A woman he couldn’t have. For a while that was the sum of their relationships. Deep conversations, sometimes short, sometimes long, but done in secret. See she was with his rival and he knew she was supposed to be his. But sometimes it’s not always so black and white.

August is everything Iris ever wanted in a man, but she can’t have him. She’s trapped in a cycle she never wanted to apart of. Iris knows that even though August doesn’t know the truth about her situation he has her back and that he’s one of the good ones. When she finds herself free of her chains will she go to him? Or is it one of those situations that she will never escape?

Long Shot has some dark tones to it. If you can’t handle abuse this is definitely not the story for you. My heart hurt for both August and Iris. This story proves that even when you think you know someone you might not really. I wanted these two together bad and when it happened it was like the crowd went wild in my head much like a stadium does once the buzzer goes off and your team wins. August is the ideal picture of what everyone deserves after a horrible experience. If you can take a dark story with a bright ending then this is a must read.


Star Ratings:
Plot-5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat-5/5
Writing style-5/5
Overall-5/5






No comments:

Post a Comment