Thursday, March 29, 2018

REVIEW - Worth Every Risk - Terri E. Laine & A.M. Hargrove




TITLE - Worth Every Risk
AUTHOR - Terri E. Laine & A.M. Hargrove






Blurb:

Andi

He was my best friend since we were little.

Even though he was off limits, as we grew up, he became my

forever, my everything.
But I couldn’t let my selfish dreams hold him back. 

They say that if you love someone, you should let them

go. 
I did. 
He became the world’s greatest soccer player.
Money.
Fame.
Beautiful women. 
He had it all. 

One thing I never expected was for him to walk back into my

life again. 

Chase

She was perfect for me in every way. 

Once we kissed that first time, there was no turning

back. 
But I made a mistake by letting her go. 
My need for her has only grown.
After three long years, I’ve decided to get her back.
Only I’m too late.
Someone has taken my place. 
I don’t know if I still love her or if I should hate her.
One thing is certain. 
She is and always has been mine.



Jennifer's Review:



Was it worth the risk? Worth Every Risk is a decent novel. The plot was interesting and characters were written well. If you like a novel with a bunch of drama, some scandal, and some shocking twists, then you have come to the right place. This book has all of that within its pages.

The plot of this book seemed interesting. The blurb was perfect to draw readers in. This plot was written well, but it has it’s issues. I felt like there was too many subplots within the plot. This became confusing to me because I wasn’t sure what I should be focused on. I did like the overall plot of the book though. It kept me intrigued throughout.

The characters in this book were interesting. Andi is an independent woman who is very strong willed. I would venture to say she is one of the most stubborn characters that I have ever read. With that being said, she also has insecurities. I didn’t care for her too much for a good portion of the book. I found her immature and selfish. This changed through the book though. Chase was a good character. I loved the realistic reactions from him to certain situations. I also loved how he had some really male like responses as well. My only complaint is I feel he gave in too soon. That’s all I can say at this time.

The heat in this book was written really well. There were some sweet parts, but there were also some really dirty parts. These two characters have history which is sure to increase the chemistry between the two. Add in some secrets and lies, and you have the recipe for some hot banging sure to entertain. This aspect of the book was perfect for me.

The writing style is okay. I was disappointed with how some of the characters handled things. The writing didn’t seem fluid either. The pace of the book was all over the place. Sometimes it would be almost too slow then we would have huge time jumps. I felt like the authors had trouble filling in the story between all the major plot points.

Overall, this was a decent book. It had some good structure, just missed the spot when it came to execution. The characters were entertaining and interesting. This book did cause me to tear up a time or two which is why I am giving it three stars. I don’t think I would go back and reread this book, but it was enough to keep me interested enough to read late into the night.

Star Ratings:
Plot: 4/5
Characters: 4/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 3/5
Overall: 3/5





No comments:

Post a Comment