Friday, December 29, 2017

REVIEW - Hey Whiskey - Kaylee Ryan

36549489


TITLE - Hey Whiskey
AUTHOR - Kaylee Ryan






BLURB:


I’m over this year, and I’m over relationships. I’ve learned that the only person you can count on in life is yourself. Moving forward, I’m living for me. Working toward standing on my own two feet, that’s my goal. Funny how meeting him changed my path. 


It’s been years since I’ve been back in this small town of West Virginia for more than a day or two. Spending time here brings back a lot of fond memories. When I stopped by an old friend’s bar, I was expecting to grab a drink and catch up. What I didn’t expect was her.



We share an undeniable attraction, but we continue to fight it.



Until one night in Vegas changes everything.




REVIEW:

“Love unexpected, 5 stars”

For me Hey Whiskey was a great story to kick off the new year and to top it off I read it while drinking whiskey. Because you know when in Rome right? If you’ve read Ryan before you know she has a way with developing characters and making you not only fall in love with the main characters but the secondary ones as well. I loved that these guys had fun and played. It wasn’t just the typical dinner and bar scenes when they went out. Family played a huge part in this story and I loved it.

Saylor thought she knew where her life was going and what to expect, only to end up blindsided. The blow she takes pushes her off course and leaves her questioning everything. Only to find where she’s meant to be and with the people she’s supposed to be with when she least expects it. Her first impression of Rhett wasn’t favorable but he soon redeems himself. Will her past leave her jaded or will she be willing to see if things with Rhett can work.

Like a lot of people Rhett let life get to him and he forgot where he came from. He knows he needs a change but doesn’t know what change he needs. When he’s called back to the place he spent his childhood he realizes that this might just be the place. Rhett remembers the importance of family and why his relationships in this town mean so much to him. Add in fresh faced Saylor, is she the other change he needs?

Take the journey with these two. The story will go by in the blink of an eye and take your breath while you’re at it. Jump in and laugh at the antics these guys get into.


Star Ratings:
Plot-5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat-5/5
Writing style-5/5
Overall-5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment