Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Release + Review - Stone Princess - Devney Perry



Presley Marks has just become a cliché: the jilted bride. Wearing a white dress, standing in front of her friends and family, she announces that her fiancé—according to his text—has forgotten about the wedding.

Humiliated and angry, she hides from the world in the mundane routine of her life. Working at the Clifton Forge Garage isn’t glamorous, but it’s safe from the spotlight.

At least it was, until Shaw Valance comes to town.

The notorious Hollywood actor is starring in a movie based on the town’s infamous murder. When he’s not on set, Shaw hovers at the garage, watching as they build his custom motorcycle and irritating her with his handsome smile. He was supposed to leave once filming wrapped and go back to his fancy life, not buy the house next door.

But Shaw might regret that purchase once Presley’s ex-fiancé returns, bringing with him a war between old rivals that could burn both their houses down.

Johnaka's Review 

“Finding love, 5 stars”

Ugh, Stone Princess left me in a book hangover. Great for Perry, bad for me because I got nothing done because of said hangover. She pulled me in right away when I started reading and then spit me out at the end wondering when the next book I the series comes out and if I can convince her to give it to me early. One thing is for sure, you won’t regret reading Stone Princess and should scroll to the top and one-click now. Also, if you haven’t read the first two books in the series you should do so now.

Presley thought she knew who she was going to spend her life with until she was proven wrong. When she took a step back, she realized that her friends, her family were right all along. When she meets Shaw, she wants nothing to do with him. He’s going to hurt her and her family, maybe not physically but emotionally. What she didn’t expect was to want the attractive outsider.

Shaw is excited about this project in a way he hasn’t been in a long time. He thought he knew the story, had all the answers and would be able to bring it back to life. what he didn’t expect was for Presley to make him second guess the information he was given. He didn’t expect to want her in a way a man wants a woman. The question is, will she give him a chance?

Plot-5/5 Characters-5/5 Heat-5/5 Writing style-5/5 Overall-5/5



EXCERPT
My realtor would have earned a higher commission if she had mentioned that the woman who lived next door was Presley Marks. “Isn’t this a surprise?”
“Is it?” Presley asked, frowning as I descended my steps and crossed the lawn, meeting her in her driveway. She raised a dark blond eyebrow. “Because it sort of feels like stalking.”
I chuckled. “I swear I had no idea you lived next door.”
But what a bonus. I wouldn’t have to make excuses to stop by the garage to see her. She could tear that insurance waiver to shreds. Presley had to know I didn’t give a damn about that bike they were building for me.
“You bought this house?”
“Yeah.” I reached for the grocery bags she had in her hands. “Here, let me help.”
She twisted away. “I’ve got them.”
“Come on.” I stepped forward and she took a step back. Wait, did she really think I was stalking her? “I’m just trying to help. I mean, I’ll probably start writing down your daily schedule so I can make sure our paths cross at least once a day. But that’s normal, right? For stalkers?”
“Are you being funny?”
My smile flattened. “I guess not.”


No comments:

Post a Comment