Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Release+Reviews-Here's To Series-Teagan Hunter


The HERE'S TO series by Teagan Hunter is available to read for FREE in KindleUnlimited! 

Here's to Tomorrowhttps://amzn.to/2t3mNQ4
Our Review

What a sweet story! Here’s To Tomorrow is such a sweet and heartwarming story. This is a stand-alone novel in a series. This is the first book in the series. I would suggest readers read them in order because you get to meet a lot of the minor character in this book, but I don’t feel it is necessary either. This book has secrets, lies, romance, heat, and even a bit of mystery.
The plot of this story interested me. Single dad just trying to live his life the best he can for his child? Small town girl aching to leave behind the life she has been living for the lights of the big city? What could go wrong? Well it turns out, once chance meeting can change the course of both of these characters lives.
Rae is such an amazing character. She is sarcastic and witty. I think I love that most about her. She is also mature. The maturity she shows is endearing and refreshing. Then you have Hudson. He is a great character as well. He is so strong and resilient. I loved his personality and the way he interacted with his child. I also loved how he handled Rae. 
The heat in this book is great. These two characters had a slow burn going on. It wasn’t just passionate love making right from the beginning. It wasn’t meaningless either. There was enough story before the heat even came into play that made the heat twenty times better. Seriously, best heat in a book that I have read in a while.
I really enjoyed the writing style of the book. The pace was steady. At one point I was really worried it was going to be a book without enough conflict, but the author really pulled through in the end. The characters were written in an charming way. I loved that the minor characters were also so present that it made you want to know more about them. It was a great story.
Overall, I really enjoyed this book. It made me want to dive right into the next one. This series is going to be a favorite. I can already tell just by meeting all the characters in this first book. This author is quickly becoming one of my top authors to read. Needless to say, I would recommend this book.

Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5 


“Single dad and the lost, 5 stars”

Rae is kind of lost right now. She’s just graduated college and trying to decide what she wants to do. It probably doesn’t help that her car keeps breaking down on her. But lucky for her she walks into Jacked up, an auto shop Hudson owns. These two keep bumping into each other but nothing ever happens. Is there something there or is Rae just imagining it?
Hudson’s life is a little hectic. He’s a twenty-four-year-old single dad who owns his own business. Is he interested in Rae? Without a doubt. But at the same time, he doesn’t know if he can balance a relationship with someone between all the things he calls life. When Rae lets a little truth, bomb slip he starts to second guess if being with her is a good idea. Will these two come out on the other side?
Here’s to Tomorrow has a whole lot of forgiveness and letting go of the past. Both Rae and Hudson have scars from their pasts they need to heal before they can really be together. My heart hurt for these two several times throughout the story. Especially Joey, Hudson’s daughter. There is also something about the way Hunter wrote this story that I liked. You could definitely tell that these were new age twenty somethings by the way they talked and acted.
Plot-5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat-5/5
Writing style-5/5
Overall-5/5



Here's to Forever:  https://amzn.to/2AgFhDF
Our Review

Here’s to Forever is such a cute novella. I usually don’t like novella’s, but I couldn’t pass up a chance to read more about Hudson and Rae. I was surprised by this short story. While it was a quick read, it was not a light one. I was elated to see that the author was actually able to make this short story seem more like a full-length novel, conflict and all.
Now let me just say that this novella also made my heart ache for more than one reason. This one really hit me in the soft spot and had me tearing up. That in itself is an accomplishment, but add in that this is a novella? That is Olympic gold right there. I rarely cry at books, especially not novellas. This was a first for me.
Overall, I enjoyed this story and was happy to see from some of the characters. I was especially happy to see that while most stories end with happily ever after with all rainbows and sunshine, this author showed the realistic side of relationships.
Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5 


“A catch up, 4 stars”

If your reading Here’s to Forever then you’ve read the first book at least in the series and possibly the second. Here’s to Forever is basically a catch up on what’s been going on. You get a little bit of Tucker and Maura but its really about Hudson and Rae. See Hudson kind of stuck his foot in his mouth, will he be able to get it out or will it ruin his relationship with Rae.
It was a sweet little novella but not completely necessary if novellas aren’t your thing. I can’t really tell you anymore in fear of spilling the beans about what’s in these pages. But what I will tell you is prepare for some drama.
Plot-4/5
Characters-4/5
Heat-4/5
Writing style-5/5
Overall-4/5


Here's to Yesterday: https://amzn.to/2t6SsQH
Our Review
Holy not what I was expecting. Here’s to Yesterday was a wonderful novel. I was sucked in from the very beginning. I really wanted to know about Rae’s best friend and this Tanner guy I didn’t like too much. This book gave me that and more. I was not expecting what happened in these pages. This book has drama, but what good book doesn’t? This book also has a lot of sweet and charming moments.
The plot of this book was written well. The author took it somewhere I was not expecting. I really thought I was going to get one book, but I got an entirely different one. I don’t want to say too much in fear of spoiling it, but holy heck did I love the plot line in this book.
Maura is an interesting character. I liked her in the first book, but I felt there was more to her than I was seeing. This book showed that I was right. Maura had an interesting childhood that lead to who she is now. She is caged and just waiting for the right time to bust free. I loved her journey. Then you have Tanner. In the first book, I didn’t care for him too much. It was implied that he had a sweet side, but I wasn’t quite sure. Add in the element of Tucker and holy heck lets say drama. Tucker is my dream man. He is funny and sweet. Plus he has a guitar so yeah.
The heat in this book is there, but it is muted. It isn’t all fireworks from the start. This book isn’t as focused on the heat, but that is a good thing. This book dives into some serious topics that have certain lines that cannot be crossed. This book did a good job toeing those lines and giving us just enough story with a touch of heat.
I liked the way this book was written. It is separated into three sections. Her, Him, and Them. I liked that format. We were able to see from each character’s point of view and watch the drama unfold. The pace of the book was steady. It didn’t feel like it was dragging on. The characters were written well.
Overall, I enjoyed this story. Even with it touching on a sensitive topic, I feel like it was addressed well. I especially liked the message that you cannot live your life for someone else. In the end, you won’t be happy. That resonated with me because I have had to come to that same conclusion on my own. Even with getting some flak from others, I have stuck to it and I hope Maura does too.
Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5

Overall: 5/5

“Heartache and healing, 5 stars”

Tucker has wanted Maura since he spotted her in a coffee shop. Life decided to send him a curveball in the form of her dating his brother. A brother who doesn’t know what he has. When Tucker sees Maura start to fold in on herself he decides to step in and make sure she gets out. What starts out as harmless somehow grows.
Maura was drawn to Tucker when she met him but because of her past she went for his brother. The two are opposites. When Maura starts to see her relationship isn’t all its cracked up to be she finds her self in over her head. Will she stay with the one who makes her feel like an object or will she leave him for the one who makes her feel everything?
There is no cheating in Here’s to Yesterday. These two just become best friends while Maura is with Tuckers brother. Then tragedy strikes that forces these two apart. When they finally come back together will they finally get there shot, or will it be too late?
This is probably my favorite book in the Here’s To series and that’s saying something because normally I hate love triangles. These two both brought something different to the table and really balanced each other out. I was rooting for them from the start. This isn’t an easy love story, its messy. So, prepare yourself.
Plot-5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat-5/5
Writing style-5/5

Overall-5/5




Here's to Now: https://amzn.to/2LQjCmH
Our Review
Whew! I did not expect that. Here’s to Now took me on a ride. That is for sure. I thought I knew who she was going to end up with when I read book one. Boy was I wrong. Let me tell you though. The surprise was pleasant. This book is not like any others that I have read. It is even very different than the others in the series. I am in love with this story.
The plot of this book intrigued me. I knew it was about Hayley, Rae’s sister, but I was unsure who the man was. Add in the Vegas Wedding tease and I knew this was going to be an explosive book. I loved Hayley since book one. Even when some mistakes happened, I still stuck by her. I am glad that she has her own book in this one. I loved the plot and where the author took it.
Usually I talk about the characters, but I like that it was a mystery. So I will say this. Hayley is a completely different person in this book. You get to dive deeper into her personal life so she is not just Rae’s sister anymore. She has her own identity. The main male is a strong character. He also had a face value until you get to this book. I liked diving into his past. He has baggage, but it was nice to see him wade through his past to find a future.
What I love most about this series is the heat. While it’s there, it isnt immediate. There is attraction and chemistry, but not jump into bed. It is funny I am saying this because of how the book starts, but trust me, you will get it later. Once things do heat up, it is like someone struck a match. These two characters are completely hot for each other.
I loved the writing style of this book. At first, I wasn’t sure about it, but it quickly grew on me. This book is separated into three sections, each to show a different part of the main character’s lives. I liked how this set up worked. It gave us a bit of the past, got into the present, and even gave us a glimpse of the future. I also liked that this story was told from one point of view. While usually I like seeing both characters thoughts, this book worked.
Overall, I really enjoyed this book. This is easily my favorite in the series. It had a little bit of everything I normally enjoy in a book. I really liked the characters as well. These two characters were written in such a way that I felt I could really relate to them. Seeing the other characters didn’t hurt either. I really hope the author writes one more book to tie up the last single people in the book. The loveable cousin and the roommate.
Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5

Overall: 5/5

“Messy pasts, bright futures? 5 stars”

So, if you’ve been following this series you know who both Hayley and Gaige are, well this is there story. Both have an extremely messy past and hope for the futures to be bright but aren’t quite sure if that’s possible. Heres to Now takes you on a journey of growth and putting ghosts where they belong.
Hayley is a hot mess. Her moods are all over the place. When she meets Gaige she’s at a low. What she didn’t know is that he knew her sister and was friends with her. When her and Gaige start their friendship that turns into something more she wants to keep it private. She doesn’t want to have to share him. How will Gaige react to that?
Gaige has a crud past. His childhood is chalked up with mistakes and now he’s trying to atone for his sins. He works hard and hardly goes out. One night when he does he meets Hayley. They are drawn together like a moth to a flame. Will he be able to get what he’s been working so hard for?
I don’t know who is more of a sad character because of what they’ve gone through. But in all honestly, they both come out on top. Despite the cards they’ve been dealt they handle everything pretty well. I like the way the story was told and was pleased that it was these two together in the end.
Plot-5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat-5/5
Writing style-5/5
Overall-5/5



------

AUTHOR BIO:


TEAGAN HUNTER is a Missouri-raised gal, but currently lives in North Carolina with her US Marine husband, where she spends her days begging him for a cat. She survives off coffee, pizza, and sarcasm. When she’s not writing, you can find her binge-watching various TV shows, especially Supernatural and One Tree Hill. She enjoys cold weather, buys more paperbacks than she’ll ever read, and never says no to brownies. For more information, please visit www.teaganhunterwrites.com.

AUTHOR LINKS:

SOCIAL MEDIA

EXCLUSIVE CONTENT

No comments:

Post a Comment