Tuesday, August 30, 2016

REVIEW - El Diablo - M. Robinson


TITLE - El Diablo 

AUTHOR - M. Robinson




Synopsis:



I was ruthless. 
I was feared. 
I had sacrificed. Myself. Her. Everything... 

Living in a world where I was worth more dead than alive was a choice. I was a bad man, never claimed to be anything else. I’ve done things I’m not proud of. Seen things that can’t be unseen. I’ve caused pain that I can’t undo. 
It was all my choice. 
Every decision. 
Every order. 
Right and wrong never mattered. 
Until her. 
She was under my protection, until she became my obsession. 
But who was going to save her... 

From. Me. The devil himself. 

Fate brought us together. Destiny destroyed us. 



Review:



I will be the first to admit that I am a dedicated M. Robinson fan. If you have read any of her books before you know she's known as the queen of angst. With El Diablo she took the angst to a new level. 

You have death, dirty s*x, choices between right and wrong, and so much more. El Diablo has so many twists, that I don’t think any of us fans who have been following her, could foresee. M. Robinson has made a whole new meaning to the term keeping the reader on her toes.

We met Martinez in Crave Me and got a quick peek at Lexi in the same book. You knew you would either love him or hate him before going into this book. I was team Martinez all the way. 
In El Diablo you learn so much more about the kind of guy he was before he was a crime boss. You learn what made him, what shaped him, and what made him human. Hes done horrible things. But at the end of the day family means everything to him.

Lexi first meets Martinez when she is a little girl, and even then she was drawn to him. She's never had an easy life, it was one constant struggle after another. But she always has someone looking after her. People tell her to stay away from the Devil, but sometimes you just can't help it. You learn that the only thing she could ever count on was ballet, and how it's her identity.

Will the Devil fall in love with the Lamb? Or will he push her away like everyone else in his life? You will need to read El Diablo to find out. But be prepared for the mind f*ck you are about to witness.

Here are a few of my favorite quotes from El Diablo;

“I’d been protecting her for years. I couldn’t help myself. Soon enough she’d realize just how dangerous of a thing my protection was.”

“I had never been a fan of those who preyed on the weak. Maybe it was because I saw so much weakness in my sister. I’d sacrifice everything just to protect her if need be.”

“You’ve gone through so much and have never let it define who you were. That’s one of the things I love the most about you. You were made for me, cariƱo.”

“Even the Devil was an angel once, Alejandro. It’s only a matter of time until you become El Diablo, too.”

“I’ve always known my fate, but this was the first time I actually wanted to embrace it.”

Star Ratings:
Plot-5/5
Heat-5/5
Characters-5/5
Writing style-5/5
Overall-5/5








CLICK COVER TO PURCHASE:




No comments:

Post a Comment