Wednesday, August 3, 2016

REVIEW - Marry Me for Money - Mia Kayla.

Blurb:


Leaving her small town behind, Bethany Casse moves to Chicago in search of a new life. Working at a top financial bank brings her into contact with two men who are as different as night and day. 

Kent Plack, heir to Plack Industries, has no interest in being with a woman for longer than one night. A spoiled and lazy man-whore, he is completely content with his playboy lifestyle, and Beth is surprised when they form an unlikely friendship.

Brian Benson, a finance banker, is gorgeous and respectful. A man plucked from Beth’s dreams, he is definite husband material. Unfortunately, Beth has a hard rule against dating coworkers, but Brian is determined to change her mind. 


When a deadbeat mother and money problems follow her to Chicago, Beth is offered a solution that could fix everything. Marrying for money seems simple enough, but when lines become blurred, Beth faces difficult choices, making her realize that the easy way out just made her life even harder than before.

Want to find out when this releases? Sign up for my newsletter below.




Review:



Marry Me for Money was a wonderfully written romance novel. The description of the book intrigued me and the cover was just as enticing. While it is true you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, an attractive cover sure doesn’t hurt. 

Mia Kayla is a wonderful author who I am very blessed to have found. She writes using romance and comedy, two of my favorite parts of a book.

Marry Me for Money has a plot that will keep readers interested. This book is told from Beth’s point of view and covers a span of time of her adjusting into her new life in a new big city, Chicago. She meets a couple of new friends and of course a guy to steal her heart. 
When things turn a little sideways, her life seems to be chaotic. The decisions she has to make will change her life forever. 

I really love the realistic nature of this book. How many times are you looking down two roads trying to figure out which is best for you? I have done it more than once and it is not a fun thing to do. I really liked that Mia Kayla was able to put the emotions of Beth on paper and make them feel organic and real. I feel this truly made this character likeable and relatable for readers.

There is also some heat in this book. I truly loved falling right along with Beth. Her intimate moments made my heart stop and race all at the same time. I really truly felt that this book was so descriptive that I could put myself in Beth’s place. I could feel my cheeks heat and my heart swoon. Mia Kayla sure knows how to write some steamy scenes, while also staying organic to the book.

Other characters in the book are well placed as well. With that being said, this was the only part of the book that I could possibly find a negative in, and it really isn’t that big of a deal. The only complaint I have is that I wish there was more interaction with Beth’s friend at work. I felt in the beginning she was going to be a bigger character, but by the end I felt that she just kind of fell in the cracks. Other than that, I loved all of the minor characters and how they were written into the books.

Overall, I absolutely loved this book. I devoured it in one sitting on a work night. Let me tell you, staying up until 2 am reading is the way to go. While I hated life the next morning at work, I couldn’t go to sleep without knowing the ending to Beth’s story. I was so enraptured in the book that as I turned each page, I felt I could not read fast enough. Oh and talk about book hangover, I immediately wanted to turn around and reread the book, which is highly unusual for me. I would 100% recommend this book for my friends and family. I cannot wait to continue to read more from Mia Kayla!


Star Ratings:
Plot:5/5
Characters: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Overall: 5/5







Click cover to purchase from Amazon





No comments:

Post a Comment