Sunday, January 28, 2018

REVIEW - The Beau and the Belle - R.S. Grey



TITLE - The Beau and the Belle


AUTHOR - R.S. Grey





Released Feb 1st



Blurb:

Beau Fortier starred in most of my cringe-worthy teenage fantasies.

I met him when I was a junior in high school, a time that revolved exclusively around bad hair, failed forays into flirting, and scientific inquiries into which brand of toilet paper worked best for stuffing bras.

That is, until Beau moved into the small guest house just beyond my bedroom window. 

A 24-year-old law student at Tulane, Beau was as mysterious to me as second base (both in baseball and in the bedroom). He was older. Intimidating. Hot. Boys my age had chicken legs and chubby cheeks. Beau had calloused hands and a jaw cut from steel. Our interactions were scarce—mostly involving slight stalking on my end—and yet deep down, I desperately hoped he saw me as more of a potential lover than a lovesick loser.

Turns out, I was fooling myself. My fragile ego learned that lesson the hard way.

Now, ten years later, we’re both back in New Orleans, and guess who suddenly can’t take his eyes off little ol’ me.

My old friend, Mr. Fortier.

But things have changed. I’m older now—poised and confident. My ego wears a bulletproof vest. The butterflies that once filled my stomach have all perished.

When I was a teenager, Beau warned me to guard my heart.

Let’s hope he knows how to guard his.




Johnaka's Review:
“Cat and mouse, 5 stars”


The Beau and the Belle is a classic Grey story. It pulls you in, makes you laugh, and gives you a happily ever after. Grey weaves a story to the point you feel like you are there as well. I felt like I was in New Orleans when in reality I have never been, but I kind of feel like I have been.

Our Belles real name is Lauren, she met Beau when she was in high school and he was about to graduate college. Some how he stole all her focus and she wanted him. But Beau being the stand-up guy he is, let her down easy, or as easy as he could. Years later she’s over all of it and has experienced life, she’s back in the high society of Orleans and in for a real treat.

Beau was working his way through law school when he moved into Lauren’s family’s apartment out back. He kept his distance, but as one knows you can’t help but run into your neighbours from time to time. He knew it was wrong to enjoy her company so he kept his distance. But now years later? All bets are off. 

Beau has worked his way back up to high society after his families fall from grace before he was born, he’s right where he’s always wanted to be. He only has one check box left and that’s Lauren. Will Beau get his Belle or will Belle have other ideas?

These two are funny and just click. They fit into each other’s lives again so flawlessly it was like they really didn’t spend a decade apart. I loved this fast read and really think you will too.


Star Ratings:
Plot-5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat-5/5
Writing style-5/5
Overall-5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment