Monday, January 15, 2018

REVIEW - Tapping Out - Nikki Ash





TITLE - Tapping Out 
AUTHOR - Nikki Ash







Blurb:


Being a fighter is in my blood. My grandfather was a fighter, my father was a fighter, and I'm a fighter. I live for the rush of adrenaline and sensation of victory. When I fight, I give it my all. I step into the octagon and I fight until there's nothing left to fight for. 

He's been my best friend for most of my life. I've fought with him, fought against him, and for the longest time I fought for him, for us. Until he pushed me away, leaving me no choice but to tap-out. 

*** 

Fighting is what saved me. It shed the old me and I became a newer shinier version of myself. Until it took away everything I loved. I gave up and tapped out. 

Then one day, she came back into my life and reminded me that some things in life are worth fighting for. Now I'm fighting for us, day by day, proving to her that our happily ever after is worth fighting for. 

This book is a stand-alone MMA romance.



Johnaka's Review:


“She's going to knock you out, 5 stars”


First off, I want to point out that this is Ash’s seventh book in a year. She’s a new author who is getting better and better with each story. Ash is finding her groove when it comes to writing. If you’ve read the Fighting series you know who Bella is, if not then don’t fear you don’t need to read those books. But I would highly recommend it because then you get a feel for the dynamic of the whole group.

We met Bella in Fighting for a Second Chance, she was a little girl. Since then we have watched or technically read about her growing up. We both know there has only been one apple of her eye and watched her try and find her footing. See Bella is a fighter and one of the boys she doesn’t know the ways of a woman. She has had two things she’s ever wanted, Marco and to be a UFC champion. Will a plot twist stand in her way?

Marco, god Marco. We fell in love with him as a troubled kid who was just trying to survive. He had to grow up fast in some ways. His love for Bella was always evident but he’s six years older than her. Can he really bite the hand (her father) that gave him a safe place when he had no where to go? And what will happen when he realises his dreams really aren’t his dreams any longer?

We experience these two from kids to adults, from best friends to lovers. Every high and every low we are there with them. Its an emotional rollercoaster. You have the other best friend Tristan who is a complete stand up guy who you love one minute then he breaks your heart, and yet you get it. The group that sucked us in (the kid’s parents) we get them too. 

If you’ve read Ash for the last year you watched those characters become couples, turn into parents, and now some of them we get as grandparents. It’s truly a full circle kind of moment and makes me thankful that this large group of friends had a lot of kids so we can stay with them for a while. 
My only warning is - be prepared to be sucked into this group. Because once you’re in you wont want to come back out.


Star Ratings:
Plot-5/5
Characters-5/5
Heat-5/5
Writing style-5/5
Overall-5/5





No comments:

Post a Comment