Monday, September 17, 2018

Amazon Tour+Reviews-Logan and Drew-Giulia Lagomarsino




Titles: Logan (For the Love of a Good Woman #3)
Titles: Drew (For the Love of a Good Woman #4)
Series: For the Love of a Good Woman
Author: Giulia Lagomarsino
Genres: Logan (Revenge Romance)
Drew (New Beginnings Romance)

Logan Buy Links (Kindle Unlimited):

Drew Buy Links (Kindle Unlimited):

Logan Blurb:
Logan
I’ve lived my life the way I wanted to, not answering to anyone else. The result was friends that don’t have a very high opinion of me and a lonely life that I started to wish included someone who truly cared for me. Cece was the hottest thing I’d ever seen and the moment I had her, I knew that she was not just someone that would pass through my life. My attraction to her didn’t dim, even when she left me tied to a bed. Her spirit and spunky attitude didn’t push me away no matter how hard she tried, but I began to question if I could truly bring this woman around or if she would be the one to tear my world apart.

Cece
I had started over and made a great life for myself. Then Logan walked back into my life, but he didn’t recognize me. He had walked away ten years ago and devastated me. Now I would get my revenge and make him pay for hurting me. Who says that revenge can’t be fun? He’s still the same cocky guy I knew, but he’s also sweet and that made me question how long I could hold out for. I planned to thoroughly enjoy my time with Logan before I destroyed his life. I just hoped the cost wouldn’t be too high.

Drew Blurb:
Drew
When Sarah walked into my life and interrupted my most intimate moments with my dead wife, I cursed her and vowed that I would never like this woman. She was a screw up and possessed something that was so precious to me, but just out of reach. Our paths continued to cross in ways that left me angry and confused, until one day I found myself becoming intrigued with my new neighbor and needing to know what it was that drew me to her. Could I move on from the woman I loved more than anything in this world, or would I find myself unable to let her go when the time came?

Sarah
My life went from blissfully wonderful to completely devastating in a matter of hours. No longer able to live the life I once
had, I was forced to become someone new. Even the gift that I was given wasn’t enough to bring me out of my depressed state. Still, I had no choice but to move forward with my life and make the most of the last and greatest gift I was given. No one would ever be able to know who I was or the secrets I carried. I would forever be another woman who couldn’t even properly mourn what had been lost. My new neighbor, Drew, was surly and completely hateful, at least he was with me. For some reason, I set him on edge and made him lash out at me. When we finally fell on somewhat even ground, would I be able to give him what he needed or were the secrets I held just too much of a burden to truly move forward?




Our Reviews:

Logan:

Revenge is a dish best served cold? I couldn’t wait to read Logan after reading Cole. It piqued my interest on the character that we have come to know through the first two books. Logan is the third in this series, but can technically be read as a stand-alone. If you want to understand what is going on with the other characters, then you will want to read the first two books first. This book has revenge, romance, heat, and heart break.

The plot of this book is unique from the others. I think that is what I like most about this series. The characters are connected, but each character really had their own story. Each book is different than the last. We met Logan in Jack and continued to get to know him in Cole. He obviously had something going on with Cece, but we are unsure what exactly by the time Cole ends. This book picks up a bit before the stuff going on in Cole. It gives us a good view of Logan and this new character, Cece.

I really liked Logan. He seemed a little bit like a playboy, but it was obvious that he was willing to change for the right woman. He had a lot of redeemable qualities. Then you have Cece. I will be honest, at times I did not like her. I thought some of the things she did was a little immature and borderline psycho. With that being said, I grew to like her even through these actions. I found that the same actions I hated actually made her who she needed to be by the end of the story.

The heat in this book was on point. The characters had chemistry from the very beginning. I really liked how their past threw a wrench in things, but did not affect the heat. Pure attraction and chemistry knows no bounds. Hatred and heartbreak cannot touch it. I like that this story showed how true that it is.

I really liked the writing style in this book. The story is told from a dual point of view so we really get to know each character. This was important because had it been told from one point of view, we would not have all the information needed. I liked that this book also overlapped with Cole’s book. We were able to see an event that happened in both books, but from different point of views. The pace of this book is steady. I really enjoyed it.

Overall, this is a great book. So far, I am loving this series. I cannot wait to get started on the next book. I would recommend this series to others. I would also recommend the author. I am really loving the way she writes and the characters she creates. She has created a world I want to get lost in.

Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5

Overall: 5/5

Drew:
Heartbreak. Pure Devastation. Drew is a different kind of book. I didn’t expect what I got. This is the fourth book in the For the Love of a Good Woman series. It can be read as a stand-alone, but I really suggest you read at least Jack before reading this one. This book made me cry. It truly has some really heart-breaking moments that will crush your heart.
I like the plot of this book. As I have said before, each book in this series has its own little plot and feel to it. These books might be interconnected, but they are not the same, which is refreshing. Drew has a secret past. We have known that from book one. What exactly is his secret? This book tells us. Then you have a new character introduced. Sarah. She has her own secrets she is hiding. Will two broken people be able to find solace in each other or are they destined to live out their lives lonely?
Drew is such a strong character. I knew I liked him from the very beginning. He has a mysterious air about him, but he also has an underlying sadness seated in his eyes. I liked learning about what makes Drew the man he is. Then you have Sarah. I liked her from the moment we meet her. She is a sweet girl, but it is obvious that there is a lot going on with her as well. I liked seeing her tenacity and resilience.
The heat in this book is muted, but it is there. At first, this book does not focus on the heat. This is important because these two characters would never fall into something so quick. It was organic to these characters to be caught up in their own world and miss the underlying attraction that they shared. As they continued, the heat cranks up though. This aspect was exactly what this book needed.
The writings style of this book is good. The pace of the book is steady. The story is told from a dual point of view so we are able to know each characters secrets even if they don’t tell each other. I liked the mystery and underlying sense of danger in the book. With that being said, I wish the danger was amped up a bit, but I can see that it was not what this book was about.
Overall, this is a good book. I enjoyed reading about Drew the most. There was just this haunting way about him that I had to get to the bottom of. Why was he so sad? I was so happy to get to read his book, even if it did break my heart. I would recommend this book to others.
Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5





Author bio:
I'm a stay at home mom that loves to read. Some of my favorite titles are Pride and Prejudice, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Horatio Hornblower. I started writing when I was trying to come up with suggestions on ways I could help bring in some extra money. I came up with the idea that I could donate plasma because you could earn an extra $500/month. My husband responded with, "No. Find something else. Write a blog. Write a book." I didn't think I had anything to share on blog that a thousand other mothers hadn't already thought of. I decided to take his challenge seriously and sat down to write my first book, Jack. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed writing. From there, the stories continued to flow and I haven't been able to stop. I hope my readers enjoy my books as much as I enjoy writing them. Between reading, writing, and taking care of three small kids, my days are quite full.

Social Media Links:

Logan Excerpt:
“Is this the man who attacked you?” Sean asked.
“Yep. That’s him.”
“Alright.” Sean pulled out his phone and told the person on the other line his badge number and then told them he needed a squad car at this address. Sean was about to pull the guy to his feet, but I hadn’t had my turn yet. I quickly pointed the taser at the man and pushed the button, watching in satisfaction as he screamed and then peed himself.
“He’s already incapacitated, Cece.” Sean shot me a disapproving glare, but I just shrugged.
“He looked like he was trying to get loose to me.”
“Me too. I saw him trying to get out of his restraints,” Vira added. “You get to clean up the mess since you tased him.”
“Totally worth it.”

Drew Excerpt:


Iris. I swear I could feel her on the breeze, standing here in the serenity of the country. She was my life, my dreams, my love, my wife, but above all that, she was my reason for being. I closed my eyes as memories of the smell of her perfume wafted around me, pulling me into a daydream of her walking toward me and teasing me. I could see her beautiful, huge smile that lit up my whole world. Her sharp, blue eyes sparkled as she gazed at me, my chest aching, knowing this was all a dream. Still, I kept my eyes closed, relishing in every piece of her I took with me six years ago. Her long, chestnut hair was blowing in the breeze as she walked closer to me, her voice floating in the wind. I could feel her hand resting against my chest as she leaned in to whisper in my ear.

“I’m forever yours, Drew. Nothing can take me from you.”



No comments:

Post a Comment