Sunday, September 9, 2018

Review-Kiss and Makeup Series-Sara Ney

28286613 40545345 25780979

Titles:
Kissing in Cars (New cover to come)
He Kissed me First
A Kiss like This

Author: Sara Ney

Blurbs:
Kissing in Cars

Studious and (mostly) sensible, the only thing Molly Wakefield wants to do is get through Senior Year and graduate. Well, that and hit the beach in her spare time. Okay, fine - and go shopping every once in a while for a new dress... (and who could blame her?) 

And things are going according to plan - until the day she spies Weston McGrath, handsome star athlete and scholar, spying on her in study hall. 

A tad creepy? Maybe. 
Thrilling? Absolutely. 

You see, Weston McGrath happens to be one guy no one can get close to. 

Despite her best efforts to avoid it (because let's face it - the guy isn't exactly "boyfriend material") Mollly and Weston form a friendship. 
And more.... 
Sort of. 
But it's a friendship that comes with a price - because Weston just cannot seem to stop screwing things up. Or saying all the wrong things. Possibly in that order... 
And who has time for an 18 year old "fixer-upper" that should know better? 
Not Molly. 
Or does she? 



He Kissed me First

"Trust me - If there's one thing I'm not attracted to, it's an arrogant, selfish and foul-mouth hockey player. I know what I want, and Matthew Wakefield isn't it." - Cecelia Carter 

From the first moment they laid eyes on each other, all Cecelia Carter and Matthew Wakefield do is bicker. Fight. Even though he is her roommates brother, Cece just can't stand the sight of him, and Matthew - well. He could never resist a challenge... 

That can't be a good combination, can it? 
But sometimes, love happens when you least expect it. 

This book is intended for those 17 and older - If you're offended by "F" bombs, sarcasm, sexual situations and Alpha Male jackasses - this book is not for you...




A Kiss like This



ABIGAIL DARLINGTON IS AWKWARD… 

She will never be “that” girl. You know the one: that girl on campus, confident in her own skin. Always saying the right things. Putting herself out there. Knows how to talk to a guy without stammering. 

Nope. Shy but clever, and easily embarrassed, Abby is fine being the wallflower in her circle of outgoing, beautiful friends; she would rather read about a sexy book boyfriend than actually have a live, breathing one. 

…BUT CALEB LOCKHART IS WORSE. 

Star goaltender for the University’s hockey team, Caleb is quiet and broody, preferring the solitude of his orderly, regimented life. He doesn’t like, or need people—and plans to keep it that way. One more year left of hockey and he’ll be long gone. 

AWKWARD NEVER LOOKED SO GOOD. 

Both their lives change the day that Abigail falls for Caleb. Well, falls directly on top of him, to be accurate. Because sometimes we don’t settle into love. 

We fall there. 

WARNING: This book contains cursing, and LOTS of it. It also has sex, uncomfortable sexual situations, and secondary characters who say some really inappropriate shit.



Our Review:
Kissing in Cars

A cute YA Romance. I enjoyed Kissing in Cars. This book is what I would consider a YA novel. There is heat, but it is done in a classy way that I feel doesn’t go too far for a YA novel. This story has the angst and drama you expect from a teen book, but it doesn’t over-do it. This is in a series, but it is a stand-alone.
This book was different than most. The way it started was just so unique for me. It was simply just a boy and a girl noticing each other for the first time. I really liked that. Then of course it is high school so drama happens which makes the story more interesting. I think the theme of this book would be that life is complicated. Things are not always as they seem.
Molly isn’t what you would expect in this novel. She isn’t some geek or unpopular girl. Instead, she is just a girl. She has friends, studies hard, and lives her life. I like how normal (I know it’s a relative term) she is. She is also strong and forgiving. Such wonderful traits. Then you have Weston. You can’t hear it, but I am clicking my tongue at him. He is a force to be reckoned with in the chemistry department, but he is also a typical teenage boy. Which means he can be an idiot. I liked how he attempted to do the right thing for the most part. He wasn’t perfect, but he tried to learn from each situation.
These two have chemistry. That is undeniable. I don’t know what makes Weston notice Molly for the first time, but it is a moment that changes their life. I liked watching these two together. It wasn’t like most novels. The buildup is really in their interactions with each other. Then when things finally get a little physical, you can hear the pops of electricity between them.
I liked the writing style of this book. It is told from a dual point of view. The pace is steady. There were a couple of things that bothered me in this book, but not enough to make me not like it. I quickly dove into book 2 so obviously it was a good story. I just felt like the ending was a bit rushed and there was an inconsistency I found, but like I said, nothing to turn me off.
Overall, I enjoyed this book. I would recommend this book to others. This book is something I think any romance lover would like. I think this book had just enough spice for a YA novel to keep it interesting, but not enough that you feel it crosses over into an adult novel. I cannot wait to see what happens next!
Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 4/5
Overall: 4/5


He Kissed me First

I feel like I just witnessed a cat and mouse chase! He Kissed Me First was not what I was expecting. It was way more! This book is not a YA novel at all. I would recommend this for 18+ due to some explicit situations. This book is book two in a series, but is a stand-alone and follows new characters. The characters from book one do play a part though. This book has angst, heat, romance, and a lot of funny exchanges.
He Kissed Me First is a enemies to friends to lovers romance. Seriously, I have no clue how Ney did it, but this book gave me whiplash. One minute I am rooting for the main male, Matthew, the next I want to throw a crow bar at him. Why a crow bar you ask? Honestly, I have no clue, but he could be a nimrod at times. The plot of this book is refreshing, and I enjoyed every minute of it.
Cecelia is a hoot. I feel like a lot of her personality matches mine. She is feisty and strong, but also a bit awkward and spazzy. I liked watching her stand her ground, but then also melt into it. Did I also mention she is funny? Then you have Matthew. We actually met him in book one and kinda wanted to punch and hug him at the same time when we did. He is Molly’s protective older brother, but in this book, we get to see him in a different light. I liked watching him change before my eyes. One thing I will say, Ney likes to show how idiotic men can be.
The heat between these two started off slow, but it was there. I have to say this was my favorite book ever when it comes to heat. You want to know why? It is such a wonderful buildup that I was about to combust by the time they got physical. Like the will they won’t they kept me guessing and wanting more. Such a clever way to write a book.
I really liked the writing style of this book. The pace was steady. The book is told from dual point of views. I liked that hockey was a big part of the book, but not overshadowing the story. I liked that Molly and Weston are in this book in a big way, along with Jenna and new characters we were able to meet. I really enjoyed the way this book was written.
Overall, this was an amazing book. I dove right into it and devoured it until the very end. I actually almost skipped watching my favorite show to read it. I say almost because I did end up watching my show, but the urge to read this book plagued me. I think it is safe to say I would recommend this book to others. Bring on book three.
Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5


A Kiss like This

Oh My Flipping Goodness!!!!! A Kiss like This is my favorite book in this series. It might even be my favorite book of all time. I liked all the books in this series, but this is for sure my favorite. This book can be read as a stand-alone, but you get to see the couples from the first two books in this one. I will say that this book is awkward, but in such an amazing way. This book has heat, romance, and hilarity inside.
I loved the plot of this book more than I think I have loved any book in a long while. I mean from the very beginning you knew it was going to be great.  The author did such an amazing job writing the scenes in a way that I could picture everything happening. This book isnt like the other two. This book is unique, and you just have to read it and find out why.
Oh Gosh. Abbie is such a great character. I love that she is awkward and she kind of owns it. She knows how she is and isn’t afraid to be who she is. She doesn’t try and be something she is not. I love that about her. Caleb is just as awkward, if not more. I loved his character. I especially loved him at the end. He had a huge break through with some stuff, and I loved it.
The heat between these two is amazing. Even though they are awkward in almost every other aspect, the heat and chemistry is natural. I loved the way the author wrote this part of the book. It isn’t just rushing in. Instead, the couple takes a few steps forward, then many steps back. I liked that aspect of this book.
The writing style is amazing as usual. The pace of the book is steady. The characters are so loveable. This book is told from a dual point of view. I loved the fact that both characters are awkward. I am so used to one character being awkward and the other character being overly confident. The fact that they are both awkward adds a layer needed to the book.
Overall, I freaking loved this book so much. This book will be added to my reread pile as I feel I will reread this book many times over my life. With that being said, I would recommend this book to others. This whole series was great. Gah I can’t say that enough!
Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment