Monday, September 10, 2018

Review Tour-Jack and Cole-Giulia Lagomarsino





Titles: Jack (For the Love of a Good Women #1)
Cole (For the Love of a Good Women #2)
Series: For the Love of a Good Women
Author: Giulia Lagomarsino
Genre: Jack (Romantic Comedy)
Cole (Romantic Thriller)

Jack Buy Links:

Cole Buy Links:

Jack Blurb:

Jack
I'm driving along when I see a woman sitting in a puddle on the side of the road. I stop to help her and instantly need to have her. Our chemistry is explosive, quite literally. It seems we are going to have to repair a few things. She's feisty and sexy as hell, but I keep screwing it up.

Harper
This day couldn't get any worse. All that's left is for lightning to strike me. And then it does, in the form of sexy mechanic, Jack. If I could keep my wits about me, I might survive him, but I seem to have verbal diarrhea around him. He brings excitement into my life and sex to my books.

Cole Blurb:

Cole
After leaving the military as a Marine Scout Sniper, he suffered from PTSD and was barely functioning most days. Nightmares plagued him most nights and it took him three years to be a functioning part of society. While out running off a nightmare, he finds a woman stumbling out of the woods, barely alive. She looks to him for protection. She looks to him to save her. Can he overcome his own demons to keep the woman he is falling in love with out of the hands of a killer?

Alex
She has suffered through her parents being murdered in front of her. She spent years in foster care, shuffled from one unloving home to the next. Now she's been kidnapped and if she doesn't figure out how to escape, she will die at the hands of the man who killed her parents. She needs someone to protect her and love her. Can Cole be that man or will her kidnapper find her and take her from the man she has come to love?

Our Review:
Jack
Can Jack rescue me too? Jack is a romantic comedy that drew me in from the very beginning. This story is a stand-alone in a series and it is the first book in that series. Jack specifically has humor, romance, awkwardness, and a feisty heroine. If you like all this, plus some heat in your book, then this is the book for you.
I liked the plot of this book. I mean who doesn’t love a sexy man coming to the rescue of a damsel in distress? It is classic fairytale material. I think the author did a good job with this plot. I will say that this book is a little bit like Insta-love. If you don’t like those books, maybe this isnt for you. With that being said, I love me a good insta-love story so this was good for me.
Harper is a bit of a mess. I love how clutzy she is. Some people might find it unbelievable, but honestly, I know someone who is like her. If it can go wrong, it will. I loved that she stuck up for herself and wanted to be independent. Then you have Jack. He could be a bit of a brute at times, but he was still loveable. I liked how he had his own journey to go through before he made it to the end.
The heat in this book is good. Jack and Harper have chemistry instantly. You can tell that they are attracted to each other. I do think that the heat moved a little fast for me personally, but it was written well. It was enough to heat up the pages. For that, I can’t complain.
The writing style of this book was good. The pace of the book was steady for the most past, but I felt like the book seemed to drag on at times. I liked the book, but I felt the author could be too wordy and explain things too much. With that being said, it was a great book. I liked the minor characters as well as the main.
Overall, I liked this book. Jack is an endearing character. I wouldn’t mind letting him boss me around and take care of me. Even if he can be an idiot sometimes. This is the first book in the series and I am excited to see what happens with the rest of the gang. I would recommend this book to others.
Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 4/5
Writing Style: 4/5
Overall: 4/5


Cole

What a thrilling thriller! Holy Heck is Cole different than Jack. Not only in personality, but the story its self is way different. Cole is book two in the For the Love of a Good Woman series. It can be read as a stand-alone, but I suggest you read them together. Cole is a romantic thriller. It has mystery, romance, and truly heart-breaking moments. I will put the disclaimer that there are some things in this book that might be triggers, so if you have those, you might want to avoid this.
The plot of this book had me interested from the beginning. Holy heck did our main girl, Alex, go through a terrible life so far. She is just surviving day to day and not really living. Then the unthinkable happens. Will she be strong enough to make it through? I think this book does a great job describing PTSD. Not only does it discuss it in regards to a former military man, but it also talks about civilians going through serious situations and how PTSD effects them.
Alex is a resilient character. She is truly amazing. I do not know how she stayed so level headed through everything that she had to go through. At times, I felt like maybe she was a little too okay, but then she would have a set back and my heart would break for her. Cole is a strong character. He made it through war and came back broken. He is just surviving until fate gives him a purpose. I loved Cole.
The heat in this book is there, but in a different way. The heat is muted, which is what I expect from a mystery thriller. Especially this one. I don’t feel like it would have been good had they jumped into bed right away. It would have felt forced. The way the heat was done in this book was better. It was organic and felt perfect for these characters.
The writing style of this book was good. The pace was steady. Again, I feel the author was a little wordy and that the book went on a bit too long, but I liked the book. This book actually gave me nightmares. That is how well the book was written. I was able to feel what the characters felt. I will say that this author was rough on poor Alex. She just couldn’t get a break.
Overall, I liked this book. It kept me on the edge of my seat. I didn’t put it down until I read the very last word. I hope that we get to see more of this couple in future books because I felt the book ended kind of suddenly. I would like to feel like their story is more resolved. I would recommend this book to others.
Ratings:
Plot: 4/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 4/5
Overall: 4/5





Jack Excerpt:
“Do I need to worry about this being poisoned?”
Harper turned to me with a glare. “Excuse me?”
“Well, I mean, you already told me that you had plans to murder me at work. Figured maybe this was a sneak attack.”
Sean turned to Harper. “Seriously? You told him you had plans to murder him?”
“No, I was posing a scenario in which we wouldn’t be together anymore.”
“And one of those scenarios was you murdering him.”
Harper started to get flustered and couldn’t find the right words to say. I inwardly laughed. The guys were just busting her chops, but I thought it was hilarious. She got herself into this and she could get herself out.
“I was just... I was saying that people break up and it wasn’t smart to move in together.”
Cole was the next to speak up. “So he asks you to move in and you plot to murder him?”

Cole Excerpt:
A twig snapped from somewhere nearby and I bolted upright in terror. My heart was thumping wildly in my chest and I felt nauseous. I was so close to escape, I couldn’t bear to go back now. That thought spurred me into action and I jumped up and took off running. Every noise that the forest made had me searching around wildly and I could swear that I heard boots running behind me. I kept looking back, but never saw anything. My mind was running crazy creating images of men all around me and I couldn’t seem to shut it off. My breathing was out of control, but the fear pushed me on.
The branches scratched at my cheeks and the sleeves of my long sleeve shirt were torn to shreds. I pushed on through it all, tripping several times and falling to the ground. My hands ached from cuts and thorns that had embedded in my flesh, but I continued to catapult myself through the forest. As I broke through the tree line I practically sobbed in relief when I saw the house in the distance with the lights on. The sun was almost up now and I could see a truck in the driveway. Someone was home. I started sprinting towards it when I saw a figure running along the road.

Author bio:
I'm a stay at home mom that loves to read. Some of my favorite titles are Pride and Prejudice, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Horatio Hornblower. I started writing when I was trying to come up with suggestions on ways I could help bring in some extra money. I came up with the idea that I could donate plasma because you could earn an extra $500/month. My husband responded with, "No. Find something else. Write a blog. Write a book." I didn't think I had anything to share on blog that a thousand other mothers hadn't already thought of. I decided to take his challenge seriously and sat down to write my first book, Jack. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed writing. From there, the stories continued to flow and I haven't been able to stop. I hope my readers enjoy my books as much as I enjoy writing them. Between reading, writing, and taking care of three small kids, my days are quite full.

Social Media Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment