Sunday, September 9, 2018

Review-Hunter-Giulia Lagomarsino

41432988


Title: Hunter
Author: Giulia Lagomarsino


Blurb:


Hunter is the sixth book in the Reed Security Series. It is recommended that they are read in order.

Hunter "Pappy" Papacosta can't get Lucy Grant out of his head. He's had a casual relationship with her for awhile, but when she almost dies in a fire, everything changes in his eyes. He'll do anything to prove to her that he can be the man she needs. But Lucy doesn't trust that Hunter is ready for a relationship and isn't willing to risk her heart on someone that will just let her down. But when someone comes after Lucy, Hunter will do anything he can to protect her. Even if it means he loses her.



Our Review:

Ahh this one got me again! Hunter was a great novel. It, once again, stole all my attention and kept me up far too late. I mean one more chapter turned into finishing the entire book. So there is that. Hunter has a bit of mystery much like Irish, but the mystery is different in this one. There is also heat and romance, but a lot more conflict in this one. This is a stand-alone in a series. I have only read one other in the series, but I felt its not a requirement to read all the rest, even though I want to.
So Hunter begins where Irish left off. So it might be helpful to read Irish, but they catch you up pretty quickly. Hunter and Lucy have had what you might call relations, but it never equaled a relationship. When an event occurs making Hunter question his feelings, things change. At least for Hunter they do. Can he convince Lucy to take a chance or will he end up losing her in the end?
Lucy is funny. She is strong willed and stubborn, but I actually love that about her. She sticks to her guns and is trying to be independent and live life for herself. You can’t fault a girl for that. Hunter is a jerk at times, but I think he really means well. I love his alpha personality and dominate ways, but I can see how frustrating they can be as well. I loved his character.
The heat between these two is there as it has been since the last book I read in the series. There is an obvious attraction seeing as they have slept together in the past, as noted in the book. What I think I love most is watching this attraction slowly simmer until it is turned into something more. You know they say you can’t watch a pot of water boil. You can’t help but watch these two combust.
I liked the writing style of this book. It is told from dual point of views. The pace is steady. I liked all the anticipation in the book. Also, talk about surprise freaking ending. Like holy heck the author had me so thrown off. I really didn’t know what to think. I really enjoyed this book.
Overall, I am happy with this book. Even though it made me lost sleep, it also left me feeling satisfied. This book made me laugh, cry, cringe, and sit on the edge of my seat. If you like romance books with dirty sex and a bit of mystery, then this is the book for you. I cannot wait to see where the author takes us next. I plan to go back and read the others as well.
Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment