Tuesday, February 7, 2017

REVIEW - Choosing Forever - Mia Kayla

Image result for choosing forever

Title: Choosing Forever


Author: Mia Kayla





Blurb:

Life is made up of choices.
Single choices like bricks laid out in a path. A path that leads to your future.

At twenty four years old, I would have never guessed I would be stuck between two men—two men from opposite spectrums of the universe.
Their lives, their worlds, their demeanor is as different as the darkest of nights and the lightest of days.

I love them both, but I have to choose.
There is only one choice I can make.
And I choose forever.

Review:


Choosing Forever… This book right here??? Yeah it emotionally damaged me…. IN the BEST possible way. I literally lost sleep over this book. After I was finished reading it I had such a huge book hangover that I tossed and turned for two and a half hours before I could settle down and fall asleep. Even then, I think I must have had dreams about the book because I did not feel I slept a wink. This book made me laugh and cry. My heart filled with joy and pain. Honestly one of the best books I have read in a really long time. 

This book is book two in this series. Read my review for Torn Between Two for more information on the first book. You absolutely have to read the first book in order to follow the events in this book. The plot of this book is the same as the first as it is following the same timeline. If you read the first book, don’t worry. The cliffy Mia left us with is quickly discussed. I can’t really say much more about the plot because I am afraid of ruining the surprise for readers. Just go read it already.

Now the characters, they are a mess. This is wonderful for me. I feel these characters were so realistic that I could actually imagine them being real people or friends of mine. Their issues are so down to earth that I never once felt that this story was too far fetched. That is saying a lot since there is a rockstar involved. All the characters in this book are developed nicely and I believe the author did a really good job with writing them.

There is some heat in this book and not all of it is just sex. There are some really great scenes showing the building emotional tension between characters that made my belly fill with butterflies. I felt I was falling right along with the characters. I also might need to divorce my husband for a certain hunky wonderful character. If only he were real *sigh*. Of course the sex scenes are just as equally as hot and not overabundant so that it feels forced. 

Lastly, the writing style is wonderful. I think I said this before in my first review, but I do not read single point of views a lot. This book showed me that if an author is able to write in a realistic way, a single point of view book can really make you feel like you took on the role of the character. This book did this for me. I was so emotionally invested in this book that I cried with the characters and felt my own heart break at times. I also want to commend the author on taking on some serious topics and real life situations in this book. I honestly think she did a wonderful job and I feel the message she is trying to send is that until you have been in a similar situation, you can never fully understand what a person is going through. You also should not judge them based on it because you do not know what is going through your mind. 

Overall, so far this is my favorite book of the year. While I might or might not find another who will take the number one spot, this book will for sure be in my top reads of the year. I would 100% recommend this to my friends. I hope they cry just as much as I did. 

Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5



No comments:

Post a Comment