Tuesday, February 28, 2017

REVIEW - Long Road Home - Marie Meyer



TITLE - Home 


AUTHOR - Marie Meyer




Pre-Order now, releases March 7th






BLURB:



Sometimes getting lost is the only way to find your way home . . .

I'm grateful for many things-my work, my apartment, my amazing friends. But after that night years ago, I'm left with an aching weight I can't escape. And it's keeping me from living and loving the way I desperately want. So when a ruggedly handsome cop pulls me over, I'm shocked by what just the sight of him does to me-stirring up feelings I didn't think were possible again.

Cayden Sinclair is undoubtedly one of the good guys. A former Marine who's so sexy I can't seem to keep my hands to myself. But there are things I'm not ready to share, things that could change everything between us. Cayden deserves to have the life he's always wanted-which means walking away from him. But I don't know if I'll ever find the strength to let him go . . .


REVIEW:

“Finding your North star, 5 stars”

Long Road Home is a reminder, a reminder to love completely, a reminder that your time isn’t guaranteed. That sometimes you need to slow down and stop saying you dont have time. Most importantly to stop and smell the roses or in this case see the good in front of you.


Cayden was first hit with the loss of his father, then his mother gets sick, causing him to leave his guys right before they deploy. Cayden was military all the way, the way Meyer described his feelings on getting out were on point. My husband is military and his thought process is the same every time the topic of getting out comes up. 


Cayden is so career oriented even now after joining the police force, that he thinks he doesnt have time or room for a woman. Until he pulls Ren over.

Ren is slowly healing after a bad experience three years ago. She has great friends and a job she loves. Only thing missing is a man and the family she's always dreamed of, but the family idea may not be a reality. A series of events lead her to realizing what she's missing in life, until she meets Cayden.


Cayden and Ren fall deep and fast. The relationship is as true as the North star. But is that enough? When Ren’s secret comes to light will Cayden be able to handle it on top of everything else life is throwing at him? Sometimes you have to take the Long Road Home to end up where you need to be.
I loved this story and definitely recommend one-clicking. 



Here are a couple quotes that hit me just right from Long Road Home;

“I never want to be the reason for your tears, but I want to be the one to catch them when they fall.”


“Hold tight to the treasures you have. Find peace in them, because they are your life.”


“The magnificence steals my words, and all I can do is marvel. So much beautifully organized chaos.”


“When I’m not touching her, I’m Odysseus, lost at sea, fighting to get back to his fair Penelope.”




Star Ratings:
Plot- 5/5
Characters- 5/5
Heat- 5/5
Writing style- 5/5
Overall- 5/5





No comments:

Post a Comment