Wednesday, February 1, 2017

REVIEW - Crown of Lies - Pepper Winters




TITLE - Crown of Lies (Truth and Lies Duet #1)
AUTHOR - Pepper Winters









BLURB:

From New York Times Bestseller, Pepper Winters, comes a delicious sinful hero.

“I met the man I wanted. But then he vanished, and a new man claimed me instead. My father approved, my colleagues congratulated, and behind closed doors, I was bedded by a stranger.”

Noelle Charlston lives a fairy-tale life: a doting father, a powerful job, and a future blessed with financial security.

However, two meetings with two men changes her happy existence forever. First, she meets the man who makes her heart sing. Three years later, she meets the man who makes her blood quiver.

Broken-hearted from a teenage romance, Noelle’s freedom is no longer hers. It belongs to the stranger her father believes is her perfect match. The stranger who pulls his lies over everyone he touches.

Including her.

Seduced and manipulated, Noelle gives into the mysterious Penn Everett. The lies he spins, the truth he hides, the mystery he weaves—it’s all enough to slowly erode the woman she is and turn her into something else.

Until her past collides with her present.
And it’s her turn to lie.
To everyone…including herself.


REVIEW:


Okay so I finished this 2 nights ago, but I still haven't made up my mind about how I feel on it. To be honest, as this is part of a 2 book series, it's hard to have a full opinion until the story is finished. But here are my thoughts so far....

Firstly, Pepper Winters wrote this. That alone already bumps it up to 3 stars just because her writing is completely epic, and every book she releases is just incredibly unique. Her storytelling skills just never seem to falter, there is nobody else like her, and she just gets better and better with each new release. 

Secondly, The atmosphere is full on intense and nail biting. I love that about Pepper's books, you literally can't put down a story of hers, it's almost like a drug. You have to continue or have withdrawal from it. :)

Thirdly, The details and backstory. Pepper always manages to put in so much detail into her stories, it feels like she has lived the world contained in the story, everything is so clear and easy to place yourself into the pages. 

Now normally I would go on to the characters, then the overall plot, but this is where I'm holding off until the final part of the story is released. I'm still not 100% how I feel about Penn as yet. Part of me loves him, part of me uhh doesn't I guess. So instead of making a decision now, I will wait until he spilled all his beans and secrets. :) Love Noelle (Elle) no complaints on her, she is a totally awesome character. The story itself, I want to love but I'm holding back a little, hoping there will be a big twist or shocker in part 2, so that I can say "OH I didn't have it all sussed out, I didn't see that coming."

So basically, in my opinion this isn't like Peppers dark and twisty stuff. It's full on gripping and exciting, and EXTREMELY sexy, the chemistry and heat is literally oozing off the pages. It's got a lot of mystery and visually the imagery is stunning, in my mind. All in all, loved part 1. Hoping part 2 blows it out of the water. :)

Star Ratings:

Plot: 4/5
Characters: 4/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 4/5







No comments:

Post a Comment