Thursday, August 22, 2019

Release + Review - Love Block - S.M West




I’m screwed.

Pippa just showed up uninvited with plans of staying the weekend.
I can hardly handle an hour with her, let alone two days.
Despite more than a year of dodging her, nothing has changed.
She’s the only woman I want.
Smart and sexy and bold.
My best friend’s little sister.
Forbidden.
Denying my desire for her is torture.
And she doesn’t make it easy; she wants me too.
The thing is, making her mine means ruining my best friend.
Love Block is the first book in the Love Lock Duet. 



PURCHASE LINKS

COMING SOON
#2 Love Lock – Releasing September 5, 2019

AUTHOR BIO
S.M. West writes contemporary romance, romantic suspense, erotica and whatever her heart desires. She spends most of her time juggling a day job, being a mom, wife, and writing. She's a self-professed junkie of many things, including a voracious fan of music, a born wanderer, a wine aficionado and chocolate connoisseur.

AUTHOR LINKS
Newsletter: http://bit.ly/2KHXIRi
GIVEAWAY
There is a giveaway for a $20 Amazon gift card

Direct Link: 



Our Review 

I really liked the blurb about this book.  Best Friend’s little sister is a trope I love to read.  And I love to try new authors, so this seemed like a great fit.  This book is also not a standalone-it is written as a two part book, so leaves the reader without a solid ending.

Love Block is about a woman in love with her brother’s best friend, or the man’s best friend’s little sister.  They’d tried denying the feelings due to age and other circumstances, but despite it all, they are drawn to each other.

Pippa is a great character.  I liked how she felt she was worth the effort, worth the sacrifice, worth the actions.  All her feelings were real, valid, and relatable.  Drew was a mostly relatable guy.  You want to like him for so many reasons, but to me, there was an underlying thread of distrust or questioning. 

Drew and Pippa’s long history led to steam.  It had elements that were organic and flowed well; though at times it also felt forced and stilted.  While some of that is a bit true to life, overall it left me a little meh.

Never having read anything by this author, I felt a bit like I was dropped into a conversation mid-way through and I’m missing some important backstory.  And I had trouble keeping Pippa and Piper straight; my brain has troubles with names that are very similar while reading.  I’d get sucked into certain scenes, then the next chapter would drag.  

Well, I’m invested, so I have to read book two.  But I am going to have to dig deep to see if I want to go back and see if I’m missing a story about Pippa’s brother to get more backstory to complete their world. 

Star Ratings:

Plot = 3/5 Characters = 4/5 Heat = 4/5 Writing Style = 3/5 Overall Rating = 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment