Monday, November 24, 2014

Review - Black Dahlia (Gilded Flowers #5) - Vivian Winslow



This was totally captivating. I absolutely love all the books in this series. The first 3 about Lily, blew me away and I couldn't wait for twin sister Dahlia's turn. Then Blue Dahlia was incredible, and I loved Dahlia's story even more than Lily's.

So I hate spoilers, and these stories are full of action and twists and turns, but I don't want to spoil any of them for new readers, so I'm not going to summarise too much on this second installment in Dahlia's story.

Blue Dahlia had Dahlia finding herself satisfied, happy and content at the end, but this next part has everything blown apart. Dahlia has some really shocking and sad events to deal with, and I found myself welling up constantly. Yet what I have always loved about Dahlia, is her strength. Both of the twins can be pretty feisty and determined, strong willed. Yet Dahlia took her strength to epic proportions and I loved her so much for her fighting spirit by the end of this story.

I have to say, be prepared for all the shockers that are thrown in, I was practically reading it all with my mouth gaping open like a fish. Just when you think you know where it's going, up comes another twist that changes everything. But I loved that about these stories. The writing style just captivates, there is never a dull moment, and considering it's a novella, it is jam packed with intense scenes. Again, as with the other stories in this series, the sex scenes are smoking hot. Very intense and steamy. All the gorgeous characters certainly help!
So, another perfect continuation in this enthralling series. Can't wait for the next one.
5 stars!

**I was given an ARC of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review**

No comments:

Post a Comment