Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Review - Broken Course (Wrecked and Ruined #3) - Aly Martinez

 



Wow, Again I'm blown away by another Aly Martinez book. I kinda did this series backwards. I read Among the Echoes first, and didn't get the little shocker at the end, when Leo bumped in to Sarah. So I had to immediately start the Wrecked and Ruined series, and have loved it.
Broken Course is the third book in this series, that tells the story of how a car crash had messed up a lot of lives. Sarah was in that fatal car crash and the only one left to tell the tale. Although that would be hard as she lost her memories of that night, and has no idea what happened. The version she has been told, is what she has to believe, and live with.
After Sarah lost her best friend Manda in the car crash, she has felt lost and guilty ever since. She pushed away everyone who cared for or loved her, and was pretty much left with nobody by the end.
By Broken Course, we have seen how some of the others involved in the crash, have managed to reclaim their lives back and find happiness. Except for Sarah. Until she meets Leo.
Leo James, has also had a really rough time too. His story was in Among the Echoes, where we learn quite a lot about him. Not everything though.
I absolutely loved this story, and it was by far my favourite of the three. Both Leo and Sarah were 2 of my favourite characters across the books, and I couldn't wait to find out more from their POV's. Both Sarah and Leo, are in a lot of pain. They are hurting from their past actions, and sometimes find it hard to just live their lives normally. Right from the start the writing was captivating, there wasn't a single part of this book that didn't have me hooked. The story was gripping, the humour between Sarah and Leo was hysterical, and the hot scenes, were utterly smoking. Leo was of course, gorgeous and addictive. I thought Caleb was yum, but I think Leo topped him.
The twists and turns in this book, amazed me again. There was plenty of them in the other books in the series, but they were complete shockers in this one. Had me on the edge of my seat throughout the whole story.
I didn't want this story to end, and by the end I was pretty much all out of tears. This story is heartwarming and painful but lots of feel goods.
A well deserved 5 stars.

*I was given a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review*

No comments:

Post a Comment