Sunday, November 6, 2016

REVIEW - Because Beards - A Multi Author Anthology Supporting The Movember Foundation

Because Beards




Synopsis


Be it a little scruff or a full length beard, there’s nothing more attractive than a man with a well-groomed face. Masculine. Powerful. Sexy. Devoted. Lose yourself in this tantalizing collection of original short stories by your favorite romance authors in support of a great cause. Hipster CEO, bartender, best friend, baseball player—just to name a few—these men all have one thing in common: they’re bearded for your pleasure and deliver one hell of a happy ever after. 

All proceeds from this anthology will be donated to The Movember Foundation, an organization that supports charities in the research and treatment of prostate and testicular cancer as well as other men’s health initiatives.

Written by Alexis Alvarez, Faith Andrews, M. Andrews, Jeannine Colette, Hayley Faiman, Angelita Gill, Ace Gray, Ruthie Henrick, Scott Hildreth, Evie Lauren, Jerica MacMillan, R.C. Martin, Emmanuelle de Maupassant, Leslie McAdam, Maria Monroe, Adrienne Perry, J. Quist, Renee Rose, Kacey Shea, Martha Sweeney, and Tom Sweeney. 


Our Review

If you know me, you'll know why I was so excited about this anthology.
If you don;t know me, you should get to know me, i'm awesome!

Beards

For women, they're like marmite, we either love them, or we hate them. Im firmly in team beard love.
So imagine how happy I was to be tagged in a post in a book.... a book of lots of books... about beardy me. SWOON!! I could fantasise about all the men without fear of a baby faced, clean shaven beau anywhere to be seen. be still my beating heart. And because of that, there was no way I could be dissapointed. Even better that that? All the proceeds from this fantastic anthology are going towards the Movember Foundation. Which supports reasearch/treatment into testicular and prostate cancer. I love my menfolk and im happy to support any charity that helps keep them and their balls healthy :)

Because Beards is a collection of stories from twenty one authors, all wanting to please their readers, and honestly, there is something for every romance reader here. Wether you like a little bit of one day scruff, or your a lumbersexual afficianado like myself, you can;t go wrong with these tales. There's sweet and nice, there is hot and spicy, thouroughly modern and moody right trough to historical and perfectly inaapropriate, there are stories with feels and sories with all the lols. 
I'm more of a lol fan, than a feels fan, so i think my faves where (And a little quote to show why): 

Scruff You by by Faith Andrews

"Yeah, that's what I did Greta. I snuck outside, chopped down a the tree like go ol' George fucking Washington and then super sleuthed my way back inside. In fact, this whole thunderstorm is a diversion, too. Smoke and mirrors. I did it all to get you alone and have my way with you."

How To Kill A Lady Boner by Ace Gray - 

" His ass was so high and tight that his shint jersey couldnt naturally slide down over it. It just rested ontop of his mountain of muscle instead, like a shelf. I happily picture biting it. Every inch of him could do with a nibble or a lick.But then he turned around.'Ugh' I couldn't help it or that I faked gagging.'Ugh? Did I just hear ugh? what on earth are you ugh-ing about?' Mandy threw her hands up.'He has a beard.' "

Fortune Favours The Beard by Alexis Alvarez

"It's probably better that I didnt, though. Rich, powerful men like him order directly from the  Bond Girl catalogue and get some supermodel who also cures cancer in her spare time, because she's a doctor and one who runs marathons on her way to volunteer at the homeless shelter. I run my hands down my flour spattered jeans. I'm pretty and fit, but im never going to be strutting down on a stage in a lampshade gown and hurling cell phones at people who irritate me. My medical knowledge comes directly from web MD and makes me so anxious I stress eat cupcakes whenever I google symptoms." 

The Beard Made Me Do It by Scott Hildreth

"I glanced at the Shelby. I couldnt believe I was even considering getting in a car I didnt own and following a man I didnt know to an unknown place. I shifted my eyes towards him.His beard stared back at me.No one in their right mind would have agreed to what he was asking, considering the circumstances. Saying no to him was quite possible, saying no to his awesome beard however would be difficult."

I also LOVED Confessions of a Beard Lover by Adrienne Perry. No spoilers, but there was a bit where she got a text, and we knew what was about to happend and I totally grinned at that because it was totally my sense of humour, to a t! 
All of the stories are great and there really is something for everyone. Definatly a worthwhile investment, for a very worthy cause.

Star Ratings:
5 out of 5



(Click Cover Image Below To Purchase)



No comments:

Post a Comment