Friday, November 18, 2016

REVIEW - Dollars by Pepper Winters

Dollars 
Pepper Winters




Synopsis


“I should never have asked for a night with you. This would never have happened if I’d had more willpower.” 

A thief met a possession and did what he did best.
Now, he has to live with the consequences. 
Including the girl he claimed. 

Pimlico was stolen and sold all before her twenty-first birthday. 
Two years with a master who almost killed her is over. 
She has a new master now. 
A master who demands everything, expects everything, and requires ultimate access to her mind. 

Elder broke countless rules when he took the girl who wasn’t his.
She confuses and bewitches him, but his fascination won’t save her from his desires. 

He wants to know her.
She wants to forget. 
Together…they’re doomed. 




Our Review

I read it, and then I had to take a time out. 

I read it in one sitting, maybe that was a mistake, but I couldn't put it down, so I powered through. And then it was over and I didn't know what to do. I didn't know where to put myself, I wasn't sure who or what I was in that moment. I was just a bit numb. A bit lost. A bit confused but more than anything, eager for more. I've had time now, to compose myself but that need for more hasn't waned. I need Hundreds more than I need my next meal. Dollars exceeded all my expectations. Pepper winters has me in awe.

To paraphrase The Great Julia Roberts."I'm just a girl, sitting in front of a laptop, telling an author I love her."

Pepper Winters, I love you. You and your incredible (warped, incredulous & despicable) mind.
Dollars carries on right where Pennies left off, with Elder cradling a bleeding plim and driving her off into yet another unknown and potentially unwanted world, We witness her begin the long slow process of recovering mentally & physically and possibly the start of the end of him.

Their journey is both the physical and emotional sense, is rocky, but I was totally there with them every step of the way. I'm totally with Tasmin and totally behind Plim and Elder??? WHO IS ELDER??? 
"I ceased to be Alriks. And became Elders instead."
Arrgghhhh. I feel things!!

I don't really know how to define this book, I mean its not romantic in the least and yet I have all these romanticised feelings about it and its staying on my romance shelf, but I can't explain why. Its dark and disturbing and makes me question my mental faculties  for enjoying it but I'm not ashamed, I'll shout it from the roof tops. There drama, death and all out destruction, this is thrilling but not a thriller. It makes no sense, but all kinds of sense at the same time.
This book. This series. It's undefinable. 
"Where were you. Where were you. Where were you?"
Yeah Plim, I'd like to know that too!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to head to confession, or drink something strong. I'm not sure which.
Star Ratings: 
Plot = 5/5
Characters = 5/5
Heat = N/A
Writing Style = 5/5
Overall Rating = 5/5




(Click Cover Image Below To Purchase)

No comments:

Post a Comment