Wednesday, September 27, 2017

REVIEW - Forget You Not - Harloe Rae



TITLE - Forget you Not
AUTHOR - Harloe Rae 









BLURB:

Destiny is bogus and fate is fake.
Everything happens for a reason?
Whatever.
I gave up on my fairy tale years ago.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not settling for less.
All my energy gets poured into a job I love rather than dead end relationships.
Men aren't even a blip on my radar these days.
Who needs them?
Except to scratch the occasional itch, I'm not interested in anything they have to offer.

If so-called Cupid ever comes knocking on my door, I'll be waiting with my flying pig because happily ever after doesn't exist.
I've become a jaded disbeliever and my main reason just sauntered into the bar.
Rowen Sworr is the only arrow that pierced my heart, and dammit, he stuck.

His random reappearance is a complicated twist from that meddling matchmaker I didn't see coming...
 



Jennifer's Review:



Forget You Not is an interesting story. I really liked the premise of it when I read the blurb. It seemed it was going to be a very good book. I did like this book, but did not feel it was a 5 star for me. The main theme of this book is second chances. There is plenty of romance and heat in this book. This book is also about overcoming your past and learning to trust.


The plot of this book is what drew me in. A woman who is totally against love comes face to face with a familiar face from the past. What will she do? What history do these two have? Will there be a happily ever after? These are all questions I thought when I read the blurb. I just had to know how this turned out. It is rare that the woman in the story is completely against love, so I always find this interesting in a book. I did like this book, but I feel the story was not as cohesive as it could have been. I feel there were holes that needed to be filled.

Lark is as interesting as her name. In my experience, not many women say they have given up on love and mean it. Lark is such a strong willed, independent character. I love this most about her. She has a lot of things to work through in this book. Some events in the past left her scarred. Rowen is a wonderful male character. I liked him in present day, but during the flashback I didn’t care for him too much. He has his own past to figure out. 

The heat in this book is wonderful. The author knows how to write a good steamy scene. These characters were destined by fate to cross paths, which adds to the chemistry of their interactions. Rowen’s alpha ways are sure to make the readers swoon. He really is such a wonderful character and his kind and caring ways mixed with his protectiveness equals some interesting scenes with these two.

I liked the way the author writes, but I feel some minor improvements could be made to take this story to another level. I feel this story lacked depth for me. While that is not necessarily bad, it is a personal preference for me to have more to the stories I read. I really liked the characters and plot, but felt that things moved a bit fast and the use of time jumps left me desiring to know what happened during those jumps. I really enjoyed her use of flashbacks though. I think that was an important aspect to the story.

Overall, I enjoyed this book. The characters were written wonderfully and I really felt I could rally behind their relationship. I liked the premise of the story as well. I would recommend this book to others. I would be willing to read other books from this author in the future.


Star Ratings:
Plot: 4/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 4/5
Overall: 4/5





No comments:

Post a Comment