Friday, September 22, 2017

REVIEW - Guy Hater - J. Sterling



TITLE - Guy Hater 
AUTHOR - J. Sterling






Pre-Order from

Releases October 9th



BLURB:


Frank is the oldest of the Fisher Brothers; quiet, pensive and sexy as hell. He's stuck in a loveless relationship that he doesn't know how to get out of. The night Claudia walks into his bar, his life is forever changed. Frank is torn between following his obligations or his heart. It's not as easy to navigate as one might think. 

Will Frank risk losing the one person who brought him back to life or will he go against it all and do what's expected of him?



Johnaka's Review:



“Sometimes the thing you need the most comes when you least expect it to, 5 stars”

I will be completely honest, I have no idea where to start with this review. I loved Guy Hater. There were times I wanted to private message Sterling and asked her if she was crazy but it totally worked. Guy Hater has the underlying message that you need to do what’s best for you and not what you feel obligated to do.

Frank Fisher is the oldest of brother of Nick and Ryan. He’s been in a loveless relationship for years with no way to get out. Every time he tries he chokes up. Until he gets the push from an unforeseen character. His once boring life is flipped upside down. He’s plagued with guilt over doing the right thing and a promise he made when he was too young to know what he was promising.

Claudia is a sassy Columbian woman, who is solid in her professional life yet looking for someone to help her fulfil her personal life as well. When she sets her eyes on Frank she knows she’s meant to go after him. The thing I think I loved about her the most is she wasn’t the type to throw herself at Frank, she took cues from him and followed his lead. 

These two had chemistry out the wahzoo. There were a few moments that I felt like it was a train wreck about to happen, but in the end, everyone survived uninjured. I loved all the secondary characters from Frank’s brothers to Claudia’s best friend and how they helped these two get to where they were meant to be. I loved how there was a small appearance by Frank’s parents and if you read Nick’s story, this appearance redeemed the guys father. I didn’t want the story to end and cannot wait for Ryan’s story.

Here are a few quotes I liked from Guy Hater;

“When a soul-deep connection exists between people, it can’t be denied because it isn’t in your control. You can’t wish it away or pretend it’s not there once you’re aware of it. Soul connections bond people, whether you want them to or not.”

“Every time I looked in your eyes, I felt like I was home. I feel a pull when it comes to you that I can’t explain, even though the logical part of me really wants to be able to.”

“We all want to be fought for. Hell, we all want to feel like we’re worth fighting for.”

Star Ratings:
Plot- 5/5
Character- 5/5
Heat- 5/5
Writing style- 5/5
Overall- 5/5












No comments:

Post a Comment