Saturday, September 23, 2017

REVIEW - Stronger - Janet Nissenson


TITLE - Stronger
AUTHOR - Janet Nissenson




Pre-Order from


Releases October 10th



BLURB:

Cara has an admitted problem with hot men, falling so deeply and so quickly under their spell that she loses a little bit of herself with each toxic relationship that always seems to end badly. Every man in her young life thus far has let her down – her high school sweetheart, a college fling, and most of all her self-centered playboy father. She’s determined not to be a sucker for a handsome face and a hard body any longer, and has stuck to her guns for more than two years. And then she meets Dante.

Dante knows he has no business messing with cute little Cara. For one thing she works for his best friend, and more importantly she’s all kinds of wrong for him – too young, too innocent, too kindhearted. And given the mood he’s in these days – after the woman he was ready to propose to chose her career over him - a sweetheart like Cara should be running as fast as she can in the opposite direction.

But the only place Cara wants to run is right into Dante’s arms and stay a good long while. Will he wind up being the one for her – or is she destined yet again for another heartbreak?




Jennifer's Review:



Stronger is an interesting novel. I was not quite sure what to expect when I got it. With that being said, I did enjoy the book and ended up not being able to put it down once I started it. This book has heart break and romance, along with humor. This book is part of a series, but can be read as a standalone as I have not read any of the other books in the series. 


The plot of this book intrigued me. A young girl who is known for falling for the wrong man, falls for an older man who has just had his heart broken. Sounds like there will be lots of drama! I was not disappointed. I really liked how the author developed this story and made it into so much more than it sounds in the blurb. 

Cara is such a great character. I seriously feel like I watched her grow up in this book. While she is young, she has had to deal with way more than one person should have to. She has a personal journey she must go through in order to get to where she needs to be. This happens in this book. Then you have Dante. He is older and should be more mature right? Well for the most part, yes. He is also completely male and I am not sure I forgive him quite yet for his stupidity. I attribute it to his gender. He has some developing to do as well, but I honestly don’t think his is as important as Cara’s journey.

There is lots and lots…. and lots of heat in this book. These two character share some wonderful moments together. I think this story shows how some people can interact with each other when they come to a mutually beneficial agreement. I also feel it shows how those agreements can change throughout the course of time. I liked the scenes between these two characters and feel that the intimate scenes were satisfying. 

I liked the writing style of this author. I felt she was easy to read. I liked the pace of the story. I feel the characters were written well (maybe too well on Dante’s part.) I feel some of the minor characters in this book must have had their own books before this. Looking it up online, I see that I am right and they do. I think I would like to go back and read this series then reread this book. I don’t think it will really add much to the story itself, but I feel it would give me a better overall experience with the book.

Overall, I enjoyed this book. It was a great read to help me relax from a long day at work. This book had me hooked from the beginning and I just had to know how it ended. I could actually feel my heart break at times in this book. I relate to Cara more than I thought I would. Great job!


Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment