Thursday, September 7, 2017

REVIEW - Keeper - Amy Daws


TITLE - Keeper 

AUTHOR - Amy Daws




Releases September 7th




BLURB:


They were best friends until they became roommates.
Booker Harris has spent the last several years pushing himself to become the best goalkeeper in the Championship League. Tired of living in the shadows of his headline-splashing brothers, he has finally carved a path of his own.
As a child, Poppy McAdams was content in her own little make-believe world, until the boy next door with dimples and pained eyes came barreling into her makeshift fort demanding all her attention.
Best friends for most of their lives, everything changes when Poppy abruptly leaves London for University.
Now she is back, and gone is the awkward girl from Booker’s youth. She has been replaced by a stunning woman with secrets. Secrets that Booker is desperate to know.
Sharing a bedroom wall with your best friend from childhood quickly turns to anything but sweet and innocent.



REVIEW:


“The Keeper and the Teacher, best friends to lovers, 5 stars”

*Sigh* Where to start… I have been curious about Booker for a while now. You never know how the baby of the family is going to turn out, especially when the family doesn’t exactly realize that he’s not a baby anymore. Well let’s just say I think he pushed his way to the number one spot and put the twins back a number and two. So not only do we get Booker and Poppy but we also get the rest of the Harris gang and all the exciting things going on in their lives. When Keeper ended all, I wanted was to jump to Gareth’s story so I could continue with the family. I don’t know if I will ever get enough of this group.

Booker is a Keeper on the footy field. The only thing he lets past his net is his family, not even his lifelong best friend Poppy. Loving people in his eyes is setting yourself up for failure because everyone leaves and moves on. Most of his siblings are starting relationships of their own leaving him floundering. When his best friend moves back it’s like a sign that he won’t be alone. But Poppy isn’t the girl next door anymore, she’s a sexy woman he doesn’t really know after years of being apart. Is Poppy moving in with Booker more than he bargained for?

Poppy left London six years ago with a secret, one that if she’s lucky will never come out. Living with Booker won’t be a problem, no problem at all… She’s not the love-sick fool who left, she’s adult with a life of her own that doesn’t revolve around Booker. But when Booker starts Keepering her all bets are off. Right away Poppy sees flashes of the boy she fell in love with and the man he’s become. Will she be able to keep her feeling at bay or will her truth come out? There is a whole lot of change in the air will they make it out the other side?

I loved Poppy. She knew what she wanted and went after it. I loved and hated Booker. I loved him because when he didn’t realize it he was amazing, but when he started to panic he was a arse. These two are each other’s past, present, and future. These two explode within the pages of the story. I was so absorbed into the story that at the end I realized I didn’t highlight a single thing because I was so focused on the words alone and had to go back at the end and find some pieces that made me smile. 


So here are a couple quotes from Keeper that I enjoyed;

"Who will make sure I make it to Heaven now?” He exhales and wipes a tear running down my nose. “You have me for that, silly.”

"Love is in the air. Heaping buckets of golden, sweet, melting, delicious love that you can’t help but get drunk on."

"he puts his arm around me, tucking me under him and pressing his lips to the top of my head. It’s not sexy. It’s not spine -shivering. It’s simply… Booker."


Star Ratings:
Plot- 5/5
Characters- 5/5
Heat- 5/5
Writing style- 5/5
Overall- 5/5







No comments:

Post a Comment