Friday, September 15, 2017

REVIEW - We Own Tonight - Corinne Michaels




TITLE - We Own Tonight
AUTHOR - Corinne Michaels 






BLURB:



From New York Times Bestseller, Corinne Michaels, comes a sexy new STANDALONE romance novel.

I’m not a one-night stand kind of woman. I’m especially not the woman who has a few drinks at a concert and ends up in bed with my childhood celebrity crush, Eli Walsh.

However, that’s exactly where I find myself.

What’s a girl to do after a drunken mistake? Run. I grab my clothes and get away from the powerful, irresistible, and best-sex-of-my-life superstar as fast as I can. His gorgeous green eyes, rock-hard body, and cocky smile have no place in my world. My life is complicated enough.

Someone forgot to tell him that.

Eli is relentless. Pushing his way into my heart, wearing me down, proving he’s nothing like I assumed, and everything I need. But when my world shatters to pieces, he holds the broken bits together. Unwillingly, I fall desperately in love with him.

He made me think we’d have forever . . . I should’ve listened when he said we could only own tonight.
 



OUR REVIEW:


We Own Tonight is a wonderful novel. This novel was different than what I expected. I expected just another rock star novel with normal rock star drama. What I got instead was some heartwarming scenes, with a strong female lead I can get behind. I really enjoyed this novel.


The plot of this novel was refreshing. A lot of times we read these rock star novels and the main female character doesn’t know the male is a rock star to begin with or has a “ I don’t care that you are famous, you are a jerk” attitude when it comes to the male. This is where this novel is different. Not only does the main female know this man is a rock star, but she is a fan of his. I wouldn’t say she is a groupie, but she takes advantage of the situation presented to her. This is what starts this whole novel.

The characters in this book are dynamic. Heather is such a strong character. She has her own baggage with her family that she is trying to manage. She has such a huge heart and really cares about being responsible and taking care of others. Eli is an interesting character on his own. He is a rock star, but he is also so much more. The ways of the rock star life are starting to wear on him. He has his own journey to go through. 

The heat in this book is off the charts. Let’s just say that this book already starts out scorching and it does not die down throughout the book. No. It only gets better. I think that a one night stand is hot, but once you add feelings and depth into the characters, the scenes keep getting hotter because there is a new layer to the relationship. This makes this portion of the book amazing.

The writing style of the author is easy to read. The pace of this book is nice and steady. I really like how the author told this story from dual point of views. I think this always adds a layer to the story that can only benefit the overall novel. I loved Heather. She is such a wonderful character. I also loved how the writer gave each character such realistic lives. Eli is how I would imagine a rock star living, while Heather has such a normal life with normal issues that I felt I could relate.

Overall, this book was amazing. I think every single one of us has imagined having a one night stand with a famous person. I love that this author took that idea and ran with it. I think this brings some fantasies to life for some readers and adds a new one for others. I really enjoyed this book. I would recommend it to others.


Star Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5





No comments:

Post a Comment