Wednesday, September 16, 2015

REVIEW - Snare (Delirious #1) - Clarissa Wild





TITLE - Snare (Delirious #1)

AUTHOR - Clarissa Wild





Synopsis:


** Author's note: This is a dark romance that will mess with your heart and mind. **

His secrets will destroy her.

Taken.
Humiliated.
Used.
With his smart mouth, dirty talking, and possessive behavior, Sebastian Brand has me hooked in the most shameless way. I’m obsessed with him. However, now that I’ve escaped the mental hospital, he seeks to control my every move.
The overwhelming aloofness in his attitude and the darkness in his mind tells me there is more to this man than sheer dominance. Depravity is his playground and pain is a necessary evil.
Keeping me away was his first instinct.
Capturing me was his second.
Claimed by a man with the exterior of an angel and the mind of a brute, I will do anything to unveil his secrets and face my own demons.
A body in exchange for freedom. A heart in exchange for truth.
Life is never a given. Only a certain death.

This is Volume 1 in the Delirious Series, which contains 3 volumes and a prequel. This book is a full-length novel. These books should be read in order.

WARNING: This book contains very disturbing situations, strong language, drugs and alcohol, dubious consent, and graphic violence. Contains a cliffhanger.



My Review:



Snare, book 1 in the Delirious series. 
Definitely read the prequel to Snare (Seek) first, it helps a lot!!

So luckily I had read the prequel to Snare first, and it actually makes reading this book a little easier. Snare begins with our main character Lillith, who is fresh out of a mental institute, and after memory problems and blanks, is starting to piece parts of the last 6 months together, with the help of Sebastian, the sorta hero, sorta evil bad guy. It's still too early to tell. 

Now I know my review is kind of confusing, but so is this story. It's a complete mystery, and the story is all over the place, and you have to piece all the parts together. But it's incredibly clever, and addictive, and it's hard to work out who can be trusted as yet. 

So the too-ing and fro-ing in the timeline is kind of hard to work with, and it's a bit confusing, but now that Lillith is out of the mental institute, it's becoming far more clearer information, and easier to tell what is real. 

Now as we are getting the story in pieces, and it feels like a giant mystery, secrets are unravelling at lightening speed, and the background to what is going on, is starting to come out. Now I can't explain any of the background story, which is what happened to Lillith and why she was put in the mental institute, and how she came to meet Sebastian, but what I can say is, WOW this background is seriously clever. Like genius idea clever. I love how it unraveled, and how detailed it all is. I wish I could say more, but seriously it can't be spoiled. It's dark, nasty, and stupidly bad, but so clever!! 

I'm also starting to enjoy the characters more now in Snare, than I did in the prequel. Lillith is finding her real self, and without all the craziness, and the confusion, I like her alot. Sebastian is sexy, but far too secretive and confusing with his emotions and motives. But still very hot and mysterious.
The sex and heat in this book is stupidly hot. The tension and chemistry is on fire, even if it's a little risky and dubious, it's still amazingly hot!!

A great dark read, with stacks of heat and suspense. 
4 Stars.






No comments:

Post a Comment