Thursday, July 9, 2015

REVIEW - Meeting The Step - Ash Adams

Title - Meeting The Step
Author - Ash Adams




Synopsis

Max and Chelsea couldn't deny their instant attraction, which meant trouble. 
Their parents would never approve, but who said they had to know. 
It all started with one kiss and a weekend alone… 

Him: When I returned from vacation my father dropped the news that he was remarrying. I would have a stepsister, but I didn't want one. I told him he was twenty years too late for the whole sibling thing. I hated the thought of her until we met and then I couldn't get her out of my head. 

Her: When my mother told me she was going to remarry, I died inside. She moved us to the suburbs in a perfect little neighborhood, but I didn't want to be there. I knew my mother's fiance had a son that was close to my age, but I didn't want anything to do with him that was until he rescued me from my abusive boyfriend. Somehow, with his prince charming good looks, he had become my own personal knight in shining armor



What It's All About

An almost step brother & sister, meeting and BOOM insta attraction.


What I Thought

This is book one in a series and it's a quick read, I read it while waiting for my dinner to cook.

Max is 23, almost graduated and counting down the days to move to New York where his mum lives since her recent divorce with his dad, Gerald. 

Chelsea is 22 and has the pleasure of being the daughter of a mum, Sandra, who is planning on marrying Gerald.

Gerald has been cheating on his wife with Sandra for two years, so I instantly hate him. He also waited til Max went away to move her in. I hate him even more. Idiot 
(Yeah I know, it's fiction, but still.)
"You don't have to accept this. We, Sandra and I, are going to happen whether you or Chelsea like it or not. I'd much prefer your good graces and acceptance nut considering the divorce was finalized a little over a month ago, I understand"
Grrrr!!

So obviously Chelsea and Max meet, there is instant attraction. They kiss as it says in the blurb, but how far do they go??? I won't spill! But Chelsea has a boyfriend, so how far can they really go before their parents are married and they become siblings? Im sure all that will be told in book two, but to be honest I don't think I'll be reading it. In a sea of step brother romances out there right now this just didn't stand out for me, and I feel like I already know exactly what is going to happen next. 

That said, if step brother romances are your genre of choice and you're after a quick read then this could be exactly the book for you! And I gotta give credit to how it was written, something about it, was just exactly how I wanted a story written.
"I could feel the beat in my neck. I tried to play it cool and not let my emotions get the best of me, but I pleaded with my eyes. 'please'. I practically begged without speaking a word and I think he got the hint."

Star Ratings:
Plot = 2.5/5
Characters = 2.5/5
Heat = 2/5
Writing Style = 4/5
Overall Rating = 3/5








Click Cover Image To Purchase





No comments:

Post a Comment