Tuesday, July 28, 2015

REVIEW - Trace & Olivia Box Set - Micalea Smeltzer





TITLE - Trace & Olivia Box Set
AUTHOR - Micalea Smeltzer


Synopsis:


Finding Olivia: How far would you go to find yourself? That’s the question that’s been haunting Olivia Owens for years. (Approx. 124,000 words) 

Chasing Olivia: How far would you go to reignite the spark you once had? Two years later, Trace and Olivia are as much in love as they’ve always been. But the spark they once had for life is waning and Trace is determined that they find it again. His solution? A road trip. But he doesn’t tell Olivia the real reason they’re heading north. (Approx. 106,000 words) 

Tempting Rowan: I’m drowning in the numbness. It’s pulling me under and I can’t see the surface. It’s easier to pretend I can’t feel. And the longer you pretend, the easier it is to believe. But he wants to save me. Only he can’t. I have to save myself…and I don’t know if I want to. (Approx. 103,000 words) 

Saving Tatum: Even tough girls need saving. Jude Brooks is bad news. He’s the kind of guy that leaves behind a string of broken hearts and Tatum O’Connor is not about to be one of those girls, despite all of Jude’s advances. They have a past, and Tatum’s determined to make sure they don’t have a future. (Approx. 127,000 words)





My Thoughts:


The Trace + Olivia box set series is a great read. First, you get four books in one.
Second, each book is better than the last. Micaela did a great job writing these stories.

Each story follows a couple. The first two follow the same couple while the last two are different couples. What I loved most about this boxed set was that even though they were romantic novels, they also each had a more serious topic that was explored. It reminded me of reality. It wasn't all flowers and chocolates, or miscommunication leading to break up. It was more like something you would see in real life. Each story dived into the serious element and showed us how each couple with able to deal and overcome.

I also liked how each story related to each other. We were able to see past characters show up and see where they are at. The characters themselves could be so funny at times. I caught myself laughing out loud, then reading the quote to my boyfriend and laughing all over again. It is rare to find books that make me laugh that hard. 

At the same time, these books could be serious and insightful. There were a few different quotes that made me pause and think "wow this is so true" or "I never thought of it that way." with the serious topics, I found myself tearing up and physically cringing at times. I can recall one book that made me wish the situation would hurry up and be over because my heart couldn't handle it.

Usually this is the part where I go and do things I didn't like about the story, but there really wasn't anything in the box set that I didn't like. I didn't notice any type of grammar or spelling errors. I also really enjoy the way the books were written. With that being said I would 100 percent recommend this box set to others.


Quotes:


"Oh my God! Are you crying? What did he do to you? Do I need to chase his ass down and cut his *penis* off, then force feed it to him?”


“The world is big, we’re the ones that pretend it’s small.”




STAR RATINGS:


Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Heat: 5/5
Writing style: 5/5
Overall: 5/5













CLICK COVER TO PURCHASE

Pre-Order Price 99c!!
(Released 30th July)


No comments:

Post a Comment